The Jeans Test!!

BikeNut5
BikeNut5 Posts: 57 Member
The “JEANS-TEST": It Will Make A WOMAN, SMILE - Every time!
What's your "BMI?" (Body-Mass Index)
What’s your "Body-Fat Percentage?"
How Much Do You “Weigh?"
I SAY; WHO CARES!!!! YOU SHOULDN’T EITHER.

While some are using "fat-calipers" to measure skin-fold thickness, or calculating their "BMI" (body mass index), or stepping on their bathroom scale every time they pass by it...I tell women this:
Do NOT concern yourself with BMI, skin-fold thickness, or taking your body measurements. There's a better, simpler, and more gratifying method of tracking your progress that will really keep you motivated. Go into your closet, and take out the tightest pair of jean you own - even if they are two sizes small. Slip them on - I mean really squeeze into them best you can. Even if (for now) they will not go past your upper thighs.

If you are following the advice on my facebook page - I promise you, each week you put them on, they will fit noticeably better and better. In about 6-8 weeks, there is a great chance they will slide right one. You really CAN shed body-fat fat that quickly if you stop falling for fad-diets and exercise gimmicks.

The "TIGHT JEANS -TEST" method of keeping track of your progress KEEPS YOU MOTIVATED, BECAUSE IT'S SOMETHING YOU CAN GENUINELY RELATE TO.

I have NEVER seen a woman get excited because she's told their BMI is "24", or because she lost 3 inches according to a "fat caliper”...But, when any woman slides comfortably into a pair of jeans that didn't fit a month ago - BIG SMILE!

~Franny Goodrich;-)

Replies

• jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    AMEN!
  • angiek2322
    angiek2322 Posts: 68 Member
    seeing your tight jeans get too loose is even better:)
  • debswebby
    debswebby Posts: 326
    Denim is a much better indicator of weight loss/gain that scales ever will be. :smile:
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    I found something even better than the jean test. I fit into a pair of knit slacks - until MFP, I wouldn't be caught DEAD in knit slacks but they look pretty awesome and I feel michelle pfeiffer sexy
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    That is great! Love it!!!
  • jdipier2
    jdipier2 Posts: 2 Member
    I need to try that!
  • GinNouveau
    GinNouveau Posts: 143 Member
    lol LOVE this!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Yep, that's pretty much what I'm doing. I can't trust my scale because it goes allover the place. I do use a measuring tape once a week because seeing decreasing numbers does make me happy! However, I'm the happiest when I see myself fitting into a pair of jeans that didn't fit before. It's so motivating to me, I now buy them smaller on purpose, just to have the next goal.
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    very true, there are a pair of jeans sitting my bottom dresser drawer that I will be more than ecstatic to fit into!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Yep, that's pretty much what I'm doing. I can't trust my scale because it goes allover the place. I do use a measuring tape once a week because seeing decreasing numbers does make me happy! However, I'm the happiest when I see myself fitting into a pair of jeans that didn't fit before. It's so motivating to me, I now buy them smaller on purpose, just to have the next goal.
  • just did that this weekend...I put on a pair of jeans that where so tight last winter, Now they fit just right and with room....Love the jean test!!
  • jessmars
    jessmars Posts: 131
    awesome idea...just took out my tightest jeans tried them on :( but now they are hanging on the back of my door for motivation.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!