Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Its been one week!

Hi I'm Sherry and I'm delighted to have found this site! I am making progress and I'm eating things I like, I feel that I could really live this way. That's good since they keep telling me that its not a "diet", its a life style change, I think I finally get that idea after 30 something years. I always went for the quick fix stuff, Atkins, Jenny Craig, short lived success. When I went back to eating what I wanted to I gained more and then some. I didn't think that a 1-2 pound loss per week would work, I just didn't have faith in it. I thought it would be too slow. Well, after week one of doing the 1.5 lb loss per week calorie plan, I have lost 6-8 pounds. I am not sure why, maybe water weight, and I know that I can't expect that every week, but its a great start. I'm feeling satisfied. I am motivated and this site helps me with everything I need to make some great life changes.

Replies

• A_New_Horizon
    A_New_Horizon Posts: 1,555 Member
    Welcome aboard. Congrats on the weight lost so far. Just remember that this is a process and it takes time. 1 - 2 lbs/week is the way to go. You will find alot of amazing people around you to help support/encourage you along the way.
  • sinistertitan
    sinistertitan Posts: 603 Member
    Sounds like you're off to a great start! Welcome!
  • lilblndcowgirl
    lilblndcowgirl Posts: 18 Member
    Welcome and congratualtions on the first steps to a journey that will chenge the rest of your life. People here are very welcoming and love to help each other. Especially when you hit a wall and want to give up. Friend me if you want...I would love to help you with this and thus you can help me.
  • shesgrand
    shesgrand Posts: 27 Member
    Thank you for the encouragement! :)
  • nedbun
    nedbun Posts: 36 Member
    Great job! As soon as you start to see that the small changes you make have a huge impact in the long run, that's when you really start to stick to your plan!

I'm happy to hear that you're satisfied and working on it step by step. I know you'll keep going and reach your goal with time and dedication. :)
  • liveinthemix
    liveinthemix Posts: 360 Member
    Welcome aboard! Nice start!!
  • Levedi
    Levedi Posts: 290 Member
    Welcome! Keep it up - it's worth it. :)
  • phendrick
    phendrick Posts: 24 Member
    Welcome & it is a life style. I enjoy this site and MFP. Please feel free to add me if you like.