depression

loved11
loved11 Posts: 92 Member
Hi everyone!!!!

Just have to share, 3 years ago i did p90 and finished without missing one day!!!! Then my world feel apart, a horrific thing happened to my kids and i went into a very dangerous deep depression. I required therapy and medication. So coming up on three years I am now doing p90 again for the 3rd time and I have successfully been released from therapy and off all medication!!!!!!!

YEA YEA!!!!!!!!

All my doctors say that the exercise was very important in my recovery!!!!!

Some may need meds for a long time and some may battle depression for a long time. Not one of us are the same. Please understand that i did do this with doctor supervision. I do not mean this as a reccomendation to anyone this is just my personnal experience.

But exercise is so good for us, and is very important to our mental health as well as our physical health.

Replies

• JoAnn73
    JoAnn73 Posts: 161 Member
    CONGRATS TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY!
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    That is INCREDIBLY good news! Way to go!
  • caroln3
    caroln3 Posts: 217
    congratulations! I have suffered from depression so I can relate. I too feel like exercise is helping me from falling back into it. I wish you the best!
  • TinaDay1114
    TinaDay1114 Posts: 1,328 Member
    CONGRATULATIONS! We have a long history of (unacknowledged) depression in my family, and my cousin and I are the first generation to actually get help and talk about it -- exercise is really good for it, you're so right.

I'm from Westminster, MD too!! SMALL WORLD!!
  • byHISstrength
    byHISstrength Posts: 984 Member
    I completely agree...exercise is great medicine.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Congrats on your recovery! ^_^
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    That's so great to hear! Congratulations!!