Not a Fat Boy NCO anymore....

Options
Ok first off a little back story on myself. I am a Sgt in the US Army have been serving in the Army for almost 8 years now. I started my weight gain after my second deployment due to depression and well not caring about my self image. Right before this current deployment I was weighing in at 225lbs and by army standards 27% body fat. I was a fat boy. My wife started losing weight after I left, and seeing her progress inspired me to do the same. Her love and support has been a constant help and aid to get my lazy *kitten* into the gym. Thanks to all her support and the help of a few friends over here I am now down to 185lbs (still overweight by army standards....) and 18% body fat, which is 4% under maximum. Still have some work to do but I am proof that it can be done by just watching calories (MFP) and just doing regular weight lifting with heavy weights. Thank you Tara all your help and support.

6289557980_eb38d49e6b.jpg
Dave front by taralee2001, on Flickr

6289558058_b7bbb84452.jpg
Dave side by taralee2001, on Flickr

Replies

• nikki_att84
    nikki_att84 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    looking good!
  • pinkstp
    pinkstp Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    Awesome!! Keep it up! It's great to have that much support :)
  • glockster972
    glockster972 Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Very good.

Army Strong!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    oww sexy! congrats to you AND wifey
  • jeannec3631
    jeannec3631 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    1st off, let me thank you for fighting for my family's freedom *mwah*
    2ndly....awesome results & awesome wife BOOYAH!!!!
  • DBiddle69
    DBiddle69 Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    First off Thank You for your service!!

Awesome job!!

I too did mine with out any extrenuating exercise....mine has been a treadmill at 4.0 mph for what is now 100 minutes a day.
    I am debating on doing the weights but have never been able to get myself excited about them.

Best of luck to you

Don, MSgt, USAF, Retired
  • ShannaDBowser
    ShannaDBowser Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Great job on the weight loss! You look awesome.

And thank you for serving. :)
  • court182
    court182 Posts: 307
    Options
    You're looking great! And that's for what you do too!
  • taralee2001
    taralee2001 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You already know how proud I am of you and how amazing I think you look! :happy:
  • ushkii
    ushkii Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Nice job Sgt. Again thanks for your service. Keep it up. Thanks for your storie.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!