Guilt-Free Beauty Recipes

These recipes sound yummy...but don't eat them!

Melted Chocolate Malt Bubble Bath

Ingredients:

-1 cup powdered milk

-2 tbsp. cocoa powder

-2 capfuls unscented bubble bath

Directions:

Mix milk and cocoa together. Pour half of mixture under running bathwater. Follow with one capful of bubble bath. Repeat, and get ready to relax in chocolate heaven!

Benefits: Milk hydrates the skin, while cocoa tones and oxygenates, leaving skin glowing. You'll smell great, too!

HG Fun Fact! Research says the smell of chocolate may fool the brain and eliminate cravings. So next time you are jonesin’ for a choco-fix, dive into this sea of chocolate instead!
Honey Oatmeal Peach Yummy Yogurt Face Mask

Ingredients:

-2 tbsp. plain oatmeal

-1/2 cup peach yogurt

-2 tbsp. honey

- splash of milk

Directions:

Mix oatmeal into yogurt and allow it to soften for a few minutes. Stir in honey. Add milk until a thick and creamy texture is reached. Spread mixture onto your face and let sit for 10 minutes (until slightly stiff). Rinse off with water, and enjoy your baby-soft and yummy-smelling skin!

Benefits: Oatmeal attacks and washes away dead skin, while the honey, milk, and yogurt moisturize.
Coffee 'N Cream Dream Body Scrub

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup freshly ground coffee beans (try a flavored blend like hazelnut-vanilla)

-1/2 cup buttermilk

-2 tbsp. olive oil

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and stir or shake well. Add more oil for a thicker mixture. Use this creamy and fragrant body scrub in the shower to jump start your morning. But remember, buttermilk is perishable, so don't store this yummy stuff in the shower!

Benefits: Coffee exfoliates and the caffeine wakes up tired skin. Buttermilk sooths and smoothes, while the oil will leave your skin unbelievably soft and silky.

HG Fun Fact! Coffee was originally used for medicinal purposes, treating everything from heart disease to fevers and coughs. It wasn’t until people started craving the caffeine-buzz “side-effect,” that coffee took on the hot beverage form we know and love today!
http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=887

Replies

• Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    These recipes sound yummy...but don't eat them!

Melted Chocolate Malt Bubble Bath

Ingredients:

-1 cup powdered milk

-2 tbsp. cocoa powder

-2 capfuls unscented bubble bath

Directions:

Mix milk and cocoa together. Pour half of mixture under running bathwater. Follow with one capful of bubble bath. Repeat, and get ready to relax in chocolate heaven!

Benefits: Milk hydrates the skin, while cocoa tones and oxygenates, leaving skin glowing. You'll smell great, too!

HG Fun Fact! Research says the smell of chocolate may fool the brain and eliminate cravings. So next time you are jonesin’ for a choco-fix, dive into this sea of chocolate instead!
    Honey Oatmeal Peach Yummy Yogurt Face Mask

Ingredients:

-2 tbsp. plain oatmeal

-1/2 cup peach yogurt

-2 tbsp. honey

- splash of milk

Directions:

Mix oatmeal into yogurt and allow it to soften for a few minutes. Stir in honey. Add milk until a thick and creamy texture is reached. Spread mixture onto your face and let sit for 10 minutes (until slightly stiff). Rinse off with water, and enjoy your baby-soft and yummy-smelling skin!

Benefits: Oatmeal attacks and washes away dead skin, while the honey, milk, and yogurt moisturize.
    Coffee 'N Cream Dream Body Scrub

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup freshly ground coffee beans (try a flavored blend like hazelnut-vanilla)

-1/2 cup buttermilk

-2 tbsp. olive oil

Directions:

Combine all ingredients and stir or shake well. Add more oil for a thicker mixture. Use this creamy and fragrant body scrub in the shower to jump start your morning. But remember, buttermilk is perishable, so don't store this yummy stuff in the shower!

Benefits: Coffee exfoliates and the caffeine wakes up tired skin. Buttermilk sooths and smoothes, while the oil will leave your skin unbelievably soft and silky.

HG Fun Fact! Coffee was originally used for medicinal purposes, treating everything from heart disease to fevers and coughs. It wasn’t until people started craving the caffeine-buzz “side-effect,” that coffee took on the hot beverage form we know and love today!
    http://www.hungry-girl.com/week/weeklydetails.php?isid=887
  • filergirl
    filergirl Posts: 240
    I might be tempted to drink my bathwater!

:noway:
  • Healthier_Me
    Healthier_Me Posts: 5,600 Member
    You're not the only one!:noway:
    I think I'll try the face mask.:smile:

~Joanna:flowerforyou: