High Heels after loosing weight?

Options
MadeOfMagic
MadeOfMagic Posts: 525 Member
So basically,
I have never been able to wear high heels or stolletos, possibly because I have been overweight most of my life and it killed my calves.
So I was wondering if any of you didn't wear high heels/stolletos before loosing weight and now do? Does it get easier when you lose all the weight?
I want to wear them so bad, wear those darn cute boots with heels, they are so chic and the cutes shoes always have heels, so I am wondering if there is any hope for wearing them after loosing weight?

Thanks in advance! Also any tips regarding breaking yourself into wearing high heels would be awesome!

Replies

• Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    I've always worn heels, even at my heaviest. I find them more comfortable than flats for some reason. Maybe I just got used to them? They do give your calves a workout, so maybe that's it...not sure.
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    I think I may just get a pair and start training my calves and walking in them around the house :P
    I've always worn heals, even at my heaviest. I find them more comfortable than flats for some reason. Maybe I just got used to them? They do give your calves a workout, so maybe that's it...not sure.
  • Katefab26
    Katefab26 Posts: 865
    Options
    Haha that could work :laugh:
  • bonnynblithe04
    bonnynblithe04 Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I've always worn them too and now go even higher (4" is my limit though).
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    My problem is the balls of my feet - they get extraordinarily painful in heels. They didn't have that problem when I wasn't overweight, but I was also a lot younger then. I have found that wedges aren't as bad as regular heels, but they aren't as cute either.
  • skemery
    skemery Posts: 100
    Options
    I couldn't stand to wear heels before I lost weight, a few minutes in them and I would be crying from the pain in my feet. After loosing the weight I love wearing heels, the higher the better.
  • La_Amazona
    La_Amazona Posts: 4,855 Member
    Options
    i have the opposite problem going, i'm now wearing more flats.. my legs are like WHOA in heels as of lately.
  • Southernsister
    Southernsister Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I have worn them and now higher also...find a medium heel to start out in. i say wear them around the house to get used to them and break them in. Flats kill me know.
  • ahsongbird
    ahsongbird Posts: 712 Member
    Options
    b4 I gained the weight I couldn't wear anything but heels, I even walked on my toes when I wasn't wearing shoes, when I gained the weight I could barely walk without heels lol I'm slowly getting back into them now that i've lost a lot of the weight but I'm still a bit too heavy and not quite strong enough to go very high.
  • vdegraff
    vdegraff Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    OMG! Yes, heels are one of my NSV that I hope to achieve one day. I want stilettos something bad. Can't wear heels at all, unless the heel is really thick and not too high. You know -- grandma shoes. Also, my foot is fat! And I have stubby toes. Hate my feet. LOL. So hopefully, once I get this weight off, BRING ON THE HEELS!
  • MadeOfMagic
    Options
    Great feedback, thank you! I think I will start wearing some decent height ones and than upgrade as I lose weight and get used to them! Can't wait to walk in them without looking like a zombie, lolz
  • darlilama
    darlilama Posts: 794 Member
    Options
    Heels are beautiful things that I mostly reserve for "special occassions". It doesn't have anything to do with weight... it has everything to do with "grace". :ohwell: Even when I was young and thin and stylish, wearing more than a 2" heel was putting my life in danger! I'm the lady you see in the shoe store trying on the boots and looking a little drunk as I test them out.

Best of luck with them, though! But, be sure to wear flats or little wedges, too. Heels are pretty, but they are really bad for your feet AND your back/spine.
  • bonitabrooklynbomb
    bonitabrooklynbomb Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    vdegraff wrote: »
    OMG! Yes, heels are one of my NSV that I hope to achieve one day. I want stilettos something bad. Can't wear heels at all, unless the heel is really thick and not too high. You know -- grandma shoes. Also, my foot is fat! And I have stubby toes. Hate my feet. LOL. So hopefully, once I get this weight off, BRING ON THE HEELS!

This is a crazy old thread, but I just found it and was wondering, have you been able to adjust to something higher yet? I'm still working on it. :(