Am I unhealthy? If so, I need advice

Options
I met this AWESOME guy, through his dad, whom I work with. He doesn't live in the same town as me, and is coming to visit, meet me, at Thanksgiving. We have seen pictures of each other already, so it's not going to be a complete blind meet. I would like to lose 10 pounds by Thansgigivng, figuring it would be doable, since it's still a month away. I recalacuated my calories and i went from 1,500ish down to 1,200. I find myself NEVER Hungry now and not meeting even the 1,200 calorie suggestion. I have already lost 5 pounds and am super excited but I'm afraid that I won't be able to meet my goal of an extra 10 pounds, because I'm barley eating. why i am NOT hungry, all of a sudden?? Thoughts, Suggestions? Opinions? I don't want to lose the 10 pounds by "starving" myself, but i don't know how to get an appetite back.

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,648 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Well, DANG! I wish I had this problem....

Maybe you are excited about meeting your new friend and it is messing with your appetite ... I don't know...
    Maybe someone can give you some good advice :smile:
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Eat your calories anyways. Thats your allotment, eat it. Im sure your body will adjust in time. If you dont eat, your body will slow its metabolism. And thats not cool. Just eat a little snack every few hours. Some veggies, nuts, a boiled egg... Something with some higher calories but thats nutritionally good for you.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    :laugh:
    Well, DANG! I wish I had this problem....

Maybe you are excited about meeting your new friend and it is messing with your appetite ... I don't know...
    Maybe someone can give you some good advice :smile:

It's the excitement from meeting someone new. I use that kind of excitement as motivation to reach my goals. Stick to 1200 if you can though. :)
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    also, if you are eating the right combination of foods, healthy foods, you will stay full longer... I find I am hungry less since I started eating less, but better foods
    bonniejean
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    I would advise you not to stress about it. You should be able to lose the 10 pounds by eating right and exercising, but even if you do not lose 1 pound, you should want someone you are meeting for the first time to judge you on who you are now, not a one month transformation. After all, you are just meeting for Thanksgiving dinner. Unless there is a wedding chapel in the story you are not telling us about, just be you and keep on losing weight the slow and healthy way. I am sure if you share with him your weight loss journey, if it comes up, he will fall heads over heels in love with you, but even if he does not, that cutie pie in the pic loves you regardless.
  • wildkatt7
    wildkatt7 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    also, if you are eating the right combination of foods, healthy foods, you will stay full longer... I find I am hungry less since I started eating less, but better foods
    bonniejean
  • jonikeffer
    jonikeffer Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure why you've lost your appetite, but be careful not to lower your calories too much. I don't know your size, but 1200 is generally reserved for the shortest/lightest folks. Most people need more calories than that. Beyond that though, a good way to get your appetite up is to exercise. Your body will then need more fuel and tell you so by increasing your appetite, plus you'll be doing a good thing for both your weight loss and your physical appearance/toning. :smile:

Good luck! Having a goal with a deadline can be a powerful motivator.
  • blueviolet20
    blueviolet20 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Well, I would say that it depends on your weight and body fat, but more than likely, it's not healthy for you to be eating so few calories. And even if you are missing an appetite to eat that much, it still might be unhealthy. When I had an eating disorder, I was never hungry. I could barely get myself to eat 300-500 calories a day...even when I did become hungry. My stomach would fill up immediately. At that rate, I couldn't even maintain my already low body weight...so while you may continue to lose weight, it's not a healthy weight loss, and that weight could very well return quickly. One thing that I would recommend if you don't have an appetite right now is to just dish up your food for a meal at the calories you need for that meal, and just eat. That's what we did in treatment. :laugh: Even if we thought we were full, we had to finish our plate. (Although for most people, you shouldn't be a member of the Clean Plate Club) Seriously, one of the best ways I've observed to get your appetite moving is to eat more. Also...move more. We had to exercise in treatment too, strange as that sounds. You have to eat a healthy amount of calories, which is at least 1200 in most cases, and get a healthy amount of exercise, which is at least 30 minutes a day. But, yeah, having your weight, body fat, and current average intake would be helpful. In any case though, I wouldn't want you to do things in an unhealthy manner, and end up going overboard.
  • tanniew78
    tanniew78 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    I would advise you not to stress about it. You should be able to lose the 10 pounds by eating right and exercising, but even if you do not lose 1 pound, you should want someone you are meeting for the first time to judge you on who you are now, not a one month transformation. After all, you are just meeting for Thanksgiving dinner. Unless there is a wedding chapel in the story you are not telling us about, just be you and keep on losing weight the slow and healthy way. I am sure if you share with him your weight loss journey, if it comes up, he will fall heads over heels in love with you, but even if he does not, that cutie pie in the pic loves you regardless.

Where is that like button when you need it??