Going out to eat tonight...nervous...

Options
My partner knows I love this Cuban restaurant, so we're going tonight. She was so sweet to plan a little date (and is even dressing up a bit, which never happens) that I didn't have the heart to tell her that I really, REALLY would rather just stay home and cook because it's less fattening and I can count the calories easier that way :-) I'm PMSing so I'm bloated enough as it is! I guess I will be home drinking water all weekend!!

They don't really have any "healthy" offerings; they do have grilled chicken and they have a fried red snapper--I'm going to ask them if I can have the red snapper grilled instead of fried, and on the side black beans (they offer a vegetarian version of the black beans, I'll get that because I'm sure it has way less fat in it). I'm sure I'll have at least one maduros (sweet plaintain; it's probably slightly less fattening than tostones since it's not deep fried) because I love it, and...papa de relleno (basically a fried ball of mashed potatoes with ground beef in the middle). Fattening as hell, but it's my favorite thing in the whole restaurant, I can't go there and not share that for an appetizer :-)

Also, I made her promise to do the Wii "Just Dance" with me tonight :-)

Replies

• Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Enjoy your date night. Don't over eat, drink plenty of water, and you will be fine.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I say to take the night off and enjoy it :) This past week I went to a concert with a friend and we went out for Mexican food and ice cream later...I'm already back on track and it's nice to have a cheat every so often! What good is a lifestyle change if you get rid of ALL your favorite things?!
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it, eat whatever you and enjoy your your night out, get back on track tomorrow. 1 day/night of over indulging will not sabotage your diet
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are going to have a great time. Do not worry you will get back on the wagon tomorrow! A REWARD for all your hard work. Have fun dancing too.
    I usually always end up cheating once on my pms week. We are going out to dinner this weekend too, so planning ahead is a great idea. enjoy.
  • asugar
    asugar Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    You are going to have a great time. Do not worry you will get back on the wagon tomorrow! A REWARD for all your hard work. Have fun dancing too.
    I usually always end up cheating once on my pms week. We are going out to dinner this weekend too, so planning ahead is a great idea. enjoy.
  • purpletrillium
    Options
    Just have a nice dinner, you can always get a takeout container and portion off some of the dinner for tomorrow maybe. Darn it, those potato ground beef things sound good!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    One good day doesnt make it happen, one "not so good night" wont kill it either. ENJOY yourself!!!!
  • kykykenna
    kykykenna Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    One good day doesnt make it happen, one "not so good night" wont kill it either. ENJOY yourself!!!!
  • Arabian♥Breeze
    Options
    She?
  • KiyaK
    KiyaK Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    My DARLING husband usually decides about once a week that we need to go out to some horribly unhealthy restaurant. I've still been steadily losing despite this. Just be conscious of portion sizes and if you can, get some extra workout time tomorrow or the next. But mostly, have FUN!! This is a lifestyle choice, so you have to figure out how to balance things. You can't just cut them out completely. That would SUCK! Good luck!!!
  • rb16fitness
    rb16fitness Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    Eat, drink and be merry for tomorrow you may die. No,seriously, its one evening, you can't put your life on hold until you hit goal. Enjoy the evening :wink: (but get back on track tomorrow!)
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    Just have alot of sex after. Remember to log it though. :)
  • Italianyc84
    Italianyc84 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Yep, she. I'm gay, my partner is female (actually she's my wife, we got married 3 years ago).

Thanks everyone! You made me feel better. Despite the bloat and PMS cravings I haven't given in at all and have stayed under my calories. I've been a little obsessive lately because I'm leaving for Paris a week from today, and I want to lose every drop I possibly can before I get off that plane :-)
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    She said she has a partner......get it?

To the OP have fuuuun!!!!
  • stardozer
    stardozer Posts: 180
    Options
    She said she has a partner......get it?

To the OP have fuuuun!!!!
  • Beezil
    Beezil Posts: 1,677 Member
    Options
    Enjoy! :)
  • jsfurlo0208
    Options
    Go and Enjoy yourself and dont worry about the diet. I know in the back of your mind you will be saying "OMG I cant believe I just ate that- I wonder how many calories are in it". I do the same thing!! I had a cheat night on Wednesday went over my calories by 300 but boy was that Mexican food DELICIOUS! I got right back on it on Thursday and drank a ton of water because the food had so much salt in it, I was dying of thirst!! LOL
  • flabulous4
    flabulous4 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Go out, enjoy yourself, have a great time, have plenty of water tomorrow and fit in some extra exercise. That's my prescription (NB not medically qualified!)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    100% agree with the above!
    My rules for eating out on special occasions are -
    1. pick something I will REALLY enjoy (why waste calories???)
    2. have a reasonable portion size (sometimes I go for the entree sizes or go for small mains)
    3. eat slowly and enjoy every bite and
    4. don't beat myself up over it!