how long???

Options
HOW long should i wait to exercise after i eat??????

Replies

• naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    HOW long should i wait to exercise after i eat??????
  • SteffCooley
    Options
    Someone correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is 30 minutes?
  • naner
    naner Posts: 110
    Options
    thank you!:bigsmile:
  • cherapple
    cherapple Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    For me it depends on what I eat. Sometimes I need two hours for my body to be able to exercise without feeling like the food is going to come back up! If I want to exercise sooner, I eat something light and quickly digested, like fruit and carbs. Protein, on the other hand, takes longer to digest. It depends upon your body and how you feel! Try different times and different foods and see what happens.
  • jds916
    jds916 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Depends on you. I know some people it doesn't bother them to eat then go run. Personally, I can't eat anything for a few hours before I run. But I can eat something small if I'm just lifting. I know there's the 30 minute rule is for swimming and it's really just to prevent cramping. The fear is that you might eat, swim, cramp, and drown. So it's a precaution. All depends on how you feel.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    I try to eat no less than an hour before hand. Usually I eat about two hours prior to working out. ("Eat" = meal, not small snack)

Personal preference, I think.
  • goochinator
    goochinator Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    This is actually interesting- On Saturday I ate a pretty heavy meal, then did a killer workout about 20 minutes later and I felt fine- so tit will be interesting to see what people have to say.