New me

Options
Hey everyone my name is Kate, joined this site after my friends told me about it. I'm want to lose weight for me. I never was one to care what others thought of me but I'm sick of looking in a mirror and not being happy with what I see. I'm a very fun and active person I love to be around people and I'm just hoping to start working on the new me so that when I'm in a group I'm not always self conscious about how other girls look better than me. Feel free to add me as a friend as together we can support each other on our journeys to become the person we want to be.

<3 Kate

Replies

• dpetre
    dpetre Posts: 22
    Options
    Hi Kate - i am Debbie and I felt the same way when I started this. It is a great way to count what you are eating to be on your way to a whole new version of yourself. One that you can feel good about when you are out with others! Good Luck!!
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kate! This site is great - you're going to love it. Good luck on your journey and feel free to add me as a friend.
  • rsingletary82
    rsingletary82 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi!! I am right there with ya girl!! I have spent the last 2 yrs in college for Respiratory Therapy, and I understand how hard it is to lose weight while having the added stress of school! Best of luck to you!
  • kagenw
    kagenw Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I felt the same way as you. I wasn't one to care too much about what people thought about my weight and I always that I'd come to terms with it (realizing that it was a problem but not one that I really had to worry about right now) until about a year ago when I started having chronic back pain. It didn't take me long to make the connection between the pain and my weight, but I did take a while for me to stop dragging my feet and hop on the weight loss bandwagon.
    I think I can speak for everyone here on MFP when I say that we're glad you're here and have made that choice to take control of your life. Good luck, we're all here for ya.