Detox Diet

I've recently decided to go on a detox diet (Fruits and Vegetables only) after someone told me that its good for your body and helps a great bit with losing weight. I live with roommates that seem to be able to eat whatever they want which makes it harder to diet. Well as soon as I told them about it they have decided to join me in the detox diet. I'm excited but want to know if anyone here has tried it and if it really works? Any pointers or sites where I can get recipes? I know if I just eat salads everyday I'm going to get bored and probably not stick with it.

Thanks everyone!
:happy:

Replies

• I've recently decided to go on a detox diet (Fruits and Vegetables only) after someone told me that its good for your body and helps a great bit with losing weight. I live with roommates that seem to be able to eat whatever they want which makes it harder to diet. Well as soon as I told them about it they have decided to join me in the detox diet. I'm excited but want to know if anyone here has tried it and if it really works? Any pointers or sites where I can get recipes? I know if I just eat salads everyday I'm going to get bored and probably not stick with it.

Thanks everyone!
    :happy:
  • nopogal
    nopogal Posts: 162
    I would really consult a doctor before going on any kind of detox diet, if only for support. I did an 11 day cleanse with Isagenix with great results--both weight loss and just feeling better. I worked with my naturopath, though. I had a lot more success than the other people who did it because I had a knowledgeable resource. I would really consider talking to a doctor or nutritionist before trying anything yourself. You may just end up feeling really sick and disappointed.
  • aslavich
    aslavich Posts: 250 Member
    A friend of mine does a "detox" diet of raw fruits and veggies (& water, of course) for 2 weeks at the start of every year. The one thing she makes sure she does is sees her doctor a few times to make sure everything's ok. Good luck...

Angela
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    At least you are not fasting...

I do the Fat Smash detox diet whenever cravings get out of control or I hit a plateau. This one is easy, it allows for protein to be eatten too. It is created by Dr. Ian, you know, from celebrity fit club and he explains the whole process and purpose of "detoxing".

The only concern is if you have medical conditions you want to make sure to get the ok from your doc, that could be as simple as calling and speaking to him or his nurse for advice!