Curious to know..

Options
How many calories do people usually have left by dinner time?

I work on 1300 basic per day and usually have about 800 by dinner. does this mean I;'m not eating regularly enough? I just dont get that hungry during the day.

At night, however I could eat a cow (and a hippo).

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options

I work on 1300 basic per day and usually have about 800 by dinner. does this mean I;'m not eating regularly enough? I just dont get that hungry during the day.

• Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

Between this thread and the other one about the Big Macs, we could be long lost sisters. :wink:

If I play my cards right, I have between 700-900 (calories + exercise calories) for dinner, and I eat them alllllll.
  • gilly88
    gilly88 Posts: 114
    Options
    just curious, what are u eating for dinner? i usually only have around 400 left!
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I am aim to reserve 400-500 for dinner and I don't eat my exercise calories
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    If I excercise, I have about 700 left. Without the gym, I may have like 200 left, but then I usually go over by 200 to make it 1400 for the day, which I still believe is on track for healthy weight loss!
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    Lauryn- Rock on! I'm not alone. I eat them too and love every minute of it. Dinner is the best meal of the day if you ask me!
    And funnily enough...you do look quite a bit like my sister! (music from twlight zone...)

Gilly- Usually something quite heavy in carbs- I make lentil curry with rice, chicken risotto, jacket potato- that sort of thing. Although tonight I'm having low fat bacon cheese quorn burgers and oven chips!

Off to the gym to earn some pudding!
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    If I excercise, I have about 700 left. Without the gym, I may have like 200 left, but then I usually go over by 200 to make it 1400 for the day, which I still believe is on track for healthy weight loss!

Excellent. Very sensible i reckon :wink:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options
    just curious, what are u eating for dinner? i usually only have around 400 left!

LOL
    I reserve 200 calories for a frosted strawberry poptart as my late night snack :blushing:

I eat whatever my family eats for dinner, portioning it as my calories allow. I have a vegetable picky husband and 3 year old, so dinner is tough to make 'healthy'. I'm lucky if I get one good vegetable in. Plus, the husband and I both work all day, so it has to be a quick meal. For example, last night was corn dogs, mac n cheese (made with I Can't Believe It's Not Butter instead of real butter), and sweet peas. Night before that, it was hot dogs and green beans and chips. Night before that was a crockpot salsa chicken (so good!!).
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Options

Mich, I manually increased my daily base from 1200 to 1400. I'm waiting to see how it impacts my weight loss. (Haven't been eating right lately, so I can't judge yet.)
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Between this thread and the other one about the Big Macs, we could be long lost sisters. :wink:

If I play my cards right, I have between 700-900 (calories + exercise calories) for dinner, and I eat them alllllll.

Ditto. I have dinner and then something snack-like later on. I am a night time eater. :ohwell: I know this, and I have to plan my calories accordingly. :bigsmile:
  • DaisyJane
    Options

I am SOOO a night time eater! I always have been and if I dont feed the hunger I cant sleep so I have to leave calories too :bigsmile:
    Ditto. I have dinner and then something snack-like later on. I am a night time eater. :ohwell: I know this, and I have to plan my calories accordingly. :bigsmile:
    Right, really am off to gym now...
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    wow..totally managed to cannibalise the last post when trying to quote... sorry!
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options

me too.
  • Starrotts
    Starrotts Posts: 164
    Options
    :flowerforyou: i too could eat a cow after dinner.its my worst time ..if i make to bedtime without bingeing on sweets i have done good ..everyday is a struggle.....:blushing:
  • astarte09
    astarte09 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I usually have about 700-800 left for dinner. I have been trying to move it around though. I had an extra 100 for breakfast and an extra 100 for lunch today so that I could even it out a little..
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    I usually have 6-900 leftf over by dinner. More if I had a big workout. I always have a big dinner though, I love it, plus I always have dessert of some sort :embarassed:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    Breakfast like a King/Queen

Lunch like a prince/princess

Dinner like a pauper

I found this qoute- meaning eat less as the day went on.