Game 7 - World Series.............

Options
2»

Replies

• aolani
    aolani Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I do not care if they miss me or not.

OK so really, I have to ask. After all those untold years of toiling in whatever you do to pay the bills to buy a couple of seats....every single dime going toward the team (admittedly, they spend most of the last 20 years trying to make up for crap pitching with big offense, unsuccessfully)....and having somehow survived the A-Rod fiasco....you're really going to ditch this "beyond pathetic" team now that they're winning?

REALLY?

How do you figure it was years of me toiling to get the money or that every single dime is going towards the team. We also support other teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, LSU Tigers, NY Giants, and other teams. I supported the team because we currently live in the area.
  • aolani
    Options

OK so really, I have to ask. After all those untold years of toiling in whatever you do to pay the bills to buy a couple of seats....every single dime going toward the team (admittedly, they spend most of the last 20 years trying to make up for crap pitching with big offense, unsuccessfully)....and having somehow survived the A-Rod fiasco....you're really going to ditch this "beyond pathetic" team now that they're winning?

REALLY?

you said it WBG he is "beyond pathetic" you never turn your back on your team. hurry up and catch that wagon!

I was on that wagon when they were broke and losing. Certain teams I won't turn my back on such as LSU, because the whole alumni thing. Regardless of what happens with LSU I would never give up supporting them. However, I am not like that with all sports teams.
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options

REALLY?

How do you figure it was years of me toiling to get the money or that every single dime is going towards the team. We also support other teams such as the Dallas Mavericks, LSU Tigers, NY Giants, and other teams. I supported the team because we currently live in the area.

Ah OK, gotcha. Proximity makes you a fan and expert on "beyond pathetic." I could have saved myself several hundred keystrokes if I'd know that earlier. Hope your next destination takes you somewhere where the local college or professional sports team never does anything but awesome.
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I don't care if they miss me or not?
    Being a sports fan is more than liking a team when they win. Clearly, you weren't a fan to begin with and there is nothing for them to miss.

I am ecstatic about tonight's game. I was raised a Cardinals fan and love them when they play poorly and when they play well. Coming back from being 10.5 games behind is pure excellence. The only thing I am sad about is that the season is over until spring.

GO CARDS!
  • Ashleypeterson37
    Ashleypeterson37 Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I am a Rangers fan and always will be! We played alot of great games (especially #6) but I'm not going to stop loving the Rangers just cuz they lost! Maybe next year. Congrats Cards fans. Well played!

No bandwagon hopping for me!
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    I am a diehard Cards fan, so I am PUMPED about tonight's win. I was at the final game in 2006 when they won. I wish I could have been there tonight too! I am even more pumped though, because I *think* tonight's win will only help in the fight to keep Pujols in Cardinal red. :wink:

However, I send out mad props to the Rangers as well. They put up a great fight! Had they been playing any other team besides the Cards (or Braves), I would have been rooting for them. They'll get their first WS championship soon. I feel it! :smile:
  • heather7marie
    Options
    Being a sports fan is more than liking a team when they win. Clearly, you weren't a fan to begin with and there is nothing for them to miss.

^ This ^

Also... I think it's 157 days until the 2012 season opener for the Cards! haha Not counting down or anything...
  • aolani
    Options

REALLY?

Ah OK, gotcha. Proximity makes you a fan and expert on "beyond pathetic." I could have saved myself several hundred keystrokes if I'd know that earlier. Hope your next destination takes you somewhere where the local college or professional sports team never does anything but awesome.

Excuse me I don't recall saying I was an expert on "beyond pathetic". In addition, what my opinion on what is "beyond pathetic" is going to be much different from yours. My personal opinion (remember this is my opinion only) choking= beyond pathetic. If you feel otherwise that is your opinion.

If you actually read my other post in this same topic you would see I said certain teams I will always support. So I don't understand the reason for the last sentence since I had already said in a previous post certain teams I support unconditionally.

For instance, LSU will always have my support and a New Years Eve or New Years Day bowl game (regardless of the outcome) is enough for me to be satisfied with the season. BCS games are just icing on the cake. When I was attending they were not good. Some SEC fans, including some at LSU feel anything short of a SEC title and/or a BCS berth equals the season was a failure. Although I don't agree with their expectations I respect it and don't come at them with sarcasm. They are entitled to their opinions and expectations for LSU.

I find it comical that you wrote about this expert on "beyond pathetic" when I never claimed to be an expert. But at the same token you totally skipped over the post that I said certain teams will always have my support and went on to add your own sentence. Common sense would say if I support certain teams always usually means even when they are losing (ie. LSU team 99-00 season)
  • aolani
    Options

^ This ^

Also... I think it's 157 days until the 2012 season opener for the Cards! haha Not counting down or anything...

Well for me it depends on a lot of factors including connections to the team. Since my home state doesn't have a professional baseball team, I support them as I move around. My husband is from NYC and is a big Yankees fan. Something about the Yankees has always bothered me just can't put my finger on it and that is why I don't support them.

Now professional football is different, I have always supported my NO Saints. WHO DAT!
  • lor007
    Options

^ This ^

Well for me it depends on a lot of factors including connections to the team. Since my home state doesn't have a professional baseball team, I support them as I move around. My husband is from NYC and is a big Yankees fan. Something about the Yankees has always bothered me just can't put my finger on it and that is why I don't support them.

Now professional football is different, I have always supported my NO Saints. WHO DAT!

I stand behind what I said. The fact that the Rangers were the American League champs for 2 years in a row shows that they are a good team. The cardinals just played better for one more game. Bad teams don't get to the World Series.
  • lor007
    Options
    I am even more pumped though, because I *think* tonight's win will only help in the fight to keep Pujols in Cardinal red. :wink:

It probably made his price tag a lot bigger. I'm not really a huge fan of his, he seems a bit too greedy for my likings.
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    At 2pm we are buying tickets to the Parade of Champions...............SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!
  • heather7marie
    Options
    At 2pm we are buying tickets to the Parade of Champions...............SOOOOOOOOOOO EXCITED!!!!

I am SO uber-jealous! I live in southern Indiana right now. I would be going if I didn't have dang orientation tomorrow in Nashville, TN! Grr!! haha
  • Grokette
    Options

I am SO uber-jealous! I live in southern Indiana right now. I would be going if I didn't have dang orientation tomorrow in Nashville, TN! Grr!! haha

We got tickets!!! I am so excited I could pee on myself.
  • Grokette
    Options
    2337598210040669092S200x200Q85.jpg
  • Grokette
    Options
    2745949350040669092S425x425Q85.jpg

2928404100040669092S425x425Q85.jpg
  • heather7marie
    Options