I still don't understand the recipe calc!!! Grrrr!

Options
Okay, I entered my servings. Then then when it ask for how many servings of how much...I put 8 servings...cause my recipe was 8. But, then over on the left for example it said 8 large eggs, when there were only 2 in the recipe...made meatloaf...the calorie count in the end seemed right....it that doing it correctly? 8 servings of xxx oz or cups....I'm soooo confused!

Replies

• Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    If there are two eggs in the recipe, you put two eggs. It adds up all the calories in all the ingredients and divides by the number of servings. Shoot, now I want meatloaf.
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    ok so you put 8 in the servings spot in the top right? and then when you went to add eggs you should only put 2..

basically you enter the recipe as written.. if you use two eggs, add that (not 8). if you use 2 lbs of ground beef/turkey/pork/whatever add that. then it will divide the servings and give you the calories per serving based on how the number you put in the box on the top right.
  • MrsFusion
    MrsFusion Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    k, I'm gonna try again...thank you :)
  • MrsFusion
    Options
    still don't get it....it won't let me enter 2 eggs.... 1 serving is 1 egg....do I enter 2 servings???? Arrgh....even asked hubby and he doesn't get it either....
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    If 1 serving is 1 egg, then enter 2 servings. I can't figure out what you're confused about to be honest.
  • rockerbabyy
    Options
    still don't get it....it won't let me enter 2 eggs.... 1 serving is 1 egg....do I enter 2 servings???? Arrgh....even asked hubby and he doesn't get it either....
    yes. 1 serving is one egg, since you are using 2 eggs, it would be 2 servings
  • Gigi_licious
    Gigi_licious Posts: 1,185 Member
    Options
    Ok, I will try to break this down without confusing you further. You enter your servings at the top (8) then you enter the ingredients for the qty used for the ENTIRE RECIPE not per serving!

Example:

Meatloaf. Servings: 8

You would enter the ingredients like this

Ground beef 93/7 1lb
    Eggs 2
    Ketchup 1/4 cup

Then the recipe builder divides it up for you to give you the calorie count per serving. So say the above ingredients total 800 cal, the recipe builder will say 100cal per serving. Does that make sense?
  • MrsFusion
    Options
    Ok, I will try to break this down without confusing you further. You enter your servings at the top (8) then you enter the ingredients for the qty used for the ENTIRE RECIPE not per serving!

Example:

Meatloaf. Servings: 8

You would enter the ingredients like this

Ground beef 93/7 1lb
    Eggs 2
    Ketchup 1/4 cup

Then the recipe builder divides it up for you to give you the calorie count per serving. So say the above ingredients total 800 cal, the recipe builder will say 100cal per serving. Does that make sense?

Okay, yes I understand this part. The thing that is throwing me is...say when you enter 1/4 c. ketchup....1/4 c. is NOT an option...there's like 1 tbsp or 1 tsp...no 1/4 c. Do I just have to figure it manually?
  • rockerbabyy
    Options

Okay, yes I understand this part. The thing that is throwing me is...say when you enter 1/4 c. ketchup....1/4 c. is NOT an option...there's like 1 tbsp or 1 tsp...no 1/4 c. Do I just have to figure it manually?
    yea pretty much. i just remember that theres 4 tablespoons in 1/4 c. and 3 teaspoons in a tablespoon
    so if it say tbsp is a serving, it would be 4 servings. if it says tsp is a serving, it would be 12 servings (if you actually use 1/4 c of ketchup)
  • MrsFusion
    Options
    Thanks rockerbabyy.....I finally got it!!!!