A friend invited me here and I love it!

Options
A friend of my asked me to be her friend on here, and I love it! When I turned 40 I started having health issues, gallbladder attacks, Kidney Stones and borderline High Blood Pressure. All the doctors wanted me to have surgery to have my gallbladder taken out, I tried to control it with diet. In the mean time my family seemed to be suffering major health issues, heart, fluid retention, knee replacements.... all genetic and exacerbated by obesity. So I had my doc, check my heart and address my own fluid retention..... It was like some kind of miracle. He put me on a low dose water pill. And I could breathe again when I went up the stairs. I was eating okay and started losing weight. I had another Gall Bladder attack and I wasn't eating anything I thought was bad..... and then when I reviewed what I ate the last time.... mashed potato (no butter), half a chicken breast, and corn. Any guesses???? If you said CORN you are right! I eliminated that and started walking and dropped another 20 lbs!!! And shocked my doctor! When I told him my discovery..... he said well it is our # 1 food group. And he is right, it's in everything! I still have my fav. salad dressing in moderation. But, the benefits out weigh the loss of any of it....... literally. Recently, I had severely low potassium from the water pill and have hit a plateau, but after losing 40lbs. total I was waiting for it to happen. Now I am back on track with the potassium, and my energy is back and so hopeful!!! Now that the corn is gone, I don't have the cravings, and I am astounded! I walk away my anxiety, depression, and anger. I hope that anyone that reads this gets this message: I thought I was just fat and had no will power. I dared to demand they look beyond my fat into family history. And I am finding someone I thought I lost long ago....... :smile:

Replies

• Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    That is really awesome and so inspiring to read. . Thank you for being so open and sharing that here.:bigsmile: Wish you all the best with you health and fitness journey.
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    :):):):) :D:D:D:D
  • cppeace
    cppeace Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    great for you.. So glad you're here and doing so well :)
  • regthelittleone
    Options
    Oh my gosh , Your story sounds close to mine!!! I've had gallbladder attacks & having tests done on Halloween!!!!
  • Amazingday
    Amazingday Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Good luck! It is so painful, I just look at food now and think, no, I if I eat that I will end up in the ER! I hope it goes well for you!
  • SherleeTxn
    SherleeTxn Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you are on the right track. Keep it up and good luck!