Crustless Pumpkin Quiche Supreme

Options
jbond80
jbond80 Posts: 356 Member
PER SERVING (1/8th of recipe, 1 slice): 67 calories, 1g fat, 332mg sodium, 8g carbs, 2g fiber, 3.5g sugars, 6g protein -- PointsPlus® value 2*

Who says pumpkin is only for desserts? Serve this with dinner or as part of a light lunch -- YUM!

Ingredients:
1 cup chopped sweet onion
1 cup chopped mushrooms
2 cups chopped spinach leaves
4 wedges The Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss cheese, room temperature
One 15-oz. can pure pumpkin (like the kind by Libby's)
1 1/4 cups fat-free liquid egg substitute (like Egg Beaters Original)
2 tsp. chopped garlic
1/2 tsp. each salt and black pepper
1/8 tsp. chili powder

Directions:
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9" pie pan with nonstick spray and set aside.

Bring a large skillet sprayed with nonstick spray to medium-high heat on the stove. Add onion and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and slightly browned, about 6 minutes.

Transfer cooked onion to a large bowl and set aside. Remove skillet from heat. If needed, wash and dry. Spray with nonstick spray and return to medium-high heat. Add mushrooms and, stirring occasionally, cook until softened and lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted and excess moisture has evaporated, about 2 more minutes.

Transfer mushroom-spinach mixture to the large bowl. Add cheese wedges, breaking them into pieces as you add them. Mix thoroughly, until cheese has melted and is evenly distributed. Add all remaining ingredients to the bowl and mix well. Evenly transfer mixture to the pie pan.

Bake in the oven until firm and lightly browned on top, about 1 hour.

Allow to slightly cool. Cut into 8 slices and enjoy!

MAKES 8 SERVINGS

Replies

• LadyOfOceanBreeze
    LadyOfOceanBreeze Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    :drinker:
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty, but isn't a crustless quiche just a fritatta?
  • ucaminax
    ucaminax Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Sounds yummy!
  • cookingwithtrace
    Options
    this looks great.. I can't wait to try it.
  • janaedey
    Options
    so gonna make this tomorrow! thank you!
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    both of your recipes sound really awesome. yum yum :) I would love to use them in my job. I work at a Cardiac Rehab, and I am always looking for good recipes to pass on. :flowerforyou: Thanks Deb
  • brooke4fitness
    brooke4fitness Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Wow - thanks. I'll try this!
  • kko64
    kko64 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • Heidi_Edgi
    Heidi_Edgi Posts: 65 Member
    Options
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Sounds tasty, but isn't a crustless quiche just a fritatta?

Technically, a quiche, though it normally has a crust, doesn't have to have one. A quiche usually has a custard base (eggs and heavy cream or milk) and is baked in an oven. Frittatas have little or no heavy cream or milk and are done on the stovetop and finished off in the oven or under the broiler.

But the recipe looks good, so at this point I don't care what it's called. :tongue:
  • Wynterbourne
    Wynterbourne Posts: 2,222 Member
    Options
    Made it for brunch today. Although I'm a smoked paprika addict so I put in 1/2 tsp of that in place of the 1/8 tsp of chili powder. :smile: Was really good.

6295733174_d2c25e1a80_z.jpg