Options

Replies

• jeninabilan
    jeninabilan Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    love is unpredictable ;)
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I think you'd probably have more success finding someone on here than a dating site as you're more likely to have things in common (I imagine? I've never used a dating site so I don't know how interest orientated they are), afterall we all joined up initially for the same reason.

Personally I would only ever consider dating someone I met online if they lived in the same area as me. I have had two long distance relationships in the past (one of whom I did actually meet online on a music forum) so I feel strongly that in most cases they don't work and have sworn to myself never to do it again.

But if others want to use MFP to meet people I don't see why they shouldn't, as long as the focus stays on fitness and health as a community.
  • Wpbarr
    Wpbarr Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I would think most people would tend to be much more forthright and honest about themselves, here.
  • california_peach
    california_peach Posts: 1,858 Member
    Options
    People find people they bond with everywhere. It's silly to think that this site would be exempt.

^^^^ This times 10. My parents met in a bar while my mom was on a date with another man. Is ditching your date for a cute younger man with a Southern accent better then meeting on a weight loss site. Not really, and as long as the couple is happy, who cares!
  • RoosterB
    RoosterB Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Bring it on I say.
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Bring a bunch of likeminded people together and its gonna happen. Why not
  • Krull_the_WarriorKing
    Options
    Sometimes I forget it's not one... But you know you already have something in common!!

So.. I like travel and long walks on the beach........
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I'm all for it!
  • Fieldsy
    Fieldsy Posts: 1,105 Member
    Options
    I married the girl I met on Livestrong.com and couldnt be happier
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    But how would you ever be able to meet? It couldn't be possible; could it?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I'm pretty content with the weight I've lost and the dates I've had thanks to MFP.
  • Tiggerrick
    Tiggerrick Posts: 1,078 Member
    Options
    I don't know, I'm pretty content with the weight I've lost and the dates I've had thanks to MFP.
    Dates (with an S no less). Wow, who's the lucky guy?
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Dates (with an S no less). Wow, who's the lucky guy?
    *eye brow raise* wouldn't you like to know?
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I flirt with peoples diaries. When they log ice cream or something delicious like that i always say " Damn girl you've been naughty" doesnt matter if its a man or woman. It's always a naughty girl. It's done in a pm because it can get pretty dirty with the chocolate syrup, whip cream, berry on top talk............ Damn i just got a food stiffy

I wanna be your friend :flowerforyou:
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    But how would you ever be able to meet? It couldn't be possible; could it?

It is, with the invention of airplanes and cars :wink: I met a guy on an MMO and he flew out here to Virginia from Washington for two weeks over the summer. It didn't work out in the end, but it can happen when you least expect it.

I'm all for letting things happen if they happen. Why not?
  • beeny83
    beeny83 Posts: 61
    Options
    No I don't think it should be used for dating at all!! MFP is for people who want to get healthy not get a date.
    There are enough dating sites on this world wide net so I say use on of them.
    Its no like we join a dating site to talk about our weight loss or our calorie consumption so why should people think its okay to flirt with others when that's not the reason why they are here in the first place. I know that I don't want some random guy hitting on me!

That's just my opinion please don't take offense. You can all do what you like on here but there is a time and a place and I don't think here is it.
  • Crystal817
    Crystal817 Posts: 2,021 Member
    Options
    I married the girl I met on Livestrong.com and couldnt be happier

Aww cute! :heart:
  • Wisks
    Wisks Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    People meet their mate in the strangest of places. In this day and age of hyper communication, who says it can't here?
  • Schwiggs
    Schwiggs Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I see no problem with that as long as it doesn't become like normal dating sites where every woman ignores me because every other tool wants to show her their tool via email.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    I don't see anything wrong with a mutual fat burning session.