Is workout wear getting too "sexy"

Options

Replies

• ashleighjoy2007
    ashleighjoy2007 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Lol maybe the super sexy wear is to try to balance out the "drenched in sweat" look.
  • JulieSD
    JulieSD Posts: 567
    Options
    LOL its Friday people! Lets be silly!
  • dckim
    dckim Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Is workout wear getting too "sexy"

no. :love:
  • maura5880
    maura5880 Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I like looking cute at the gym. I feel better about myself when my outfit matches and I have a cute headband. I mean I don't do my hair & makeup, but I don't throw on ratty sweats either..
  • mandasimba
    mandasimba Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    What is with the workout skirts? I don't have a problem with them or find them overly sexy, I'm just confused as they seem like they would be awkward to workout in.

As for sexy gym wear... bring back the 70's basketball shorts, rawr.
  • Johnnyswife
    Johnnyswife Posts: 1,447 Member
    Options
    Tiny shorts, short little bra tops.. how serious can these people be?

I usually wear a sports bra UNDER my bra top. lol
    If you have the figure for it than no. If you have a figure like me, than yucko. lol I am having a hard time finding cute workout gear that lets me breath and keeps me covered and others from puking. lol
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I wear basket ball shorts and a T-shirt....
  • solpwr
    solpwr Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    Kill Bill.
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I may regret this suggestion but maybe this thread needs pictures
  • godblessourhome
    godblessourhome Posts: 3,892 Member
    Options
    yes-ish? there are magazine covers featuring athletes that i am embarrassed to be seen with. for example, if you are not familiar that it is men's fitness, at a glance it could be mistaken for maxim. i haven't encountered any i would deem inappropriate at the gym though.
  • bhawkins0711
    bhawkins0711 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I'd have to say, my workout wear is far from sexy! ha ha

Ha Ha my thoughts exactly!
  • cbear017
    cbear017 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Tiny shorts, short little bra tops.. how serious can these people be?

I usually wear a sports bra UNDER my bra top. lol

Funny enough I never notice when at the gym. It's not a sexual environment or a time I really think about checking women out. I'm there to burn some calories, destroy fat, and lose weight. You could be naked for all I care as long as you wipe the equipment when you are done.

I couldn't agree more. When I'm at the gym I'm too busy busting my a** to notice or care what other people are or aren't wearing. Then again there are two groups of gym goers: those who are serious about working out and those who go for the eye candy and blather away on their phones. If you belong to the first group then you are exempt from workout wear criticism, BUT if you fall into the latter then yes, you are entirely subject to scrutiny and should turn in your booty shorts and gobs of makeup to the front desk like STAT. I am just kidding but kind of not :tongue:
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I may regret this suggestion but maybe this thread needs pictures

yesssssss :drinker:
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Options
    I'd have to say, my workout wear is far from sexy! ha ha
    Same here. I will match them and I'll usually wear a tank top of some sort, but no short shorts or sports bra only here.
  • GRINWITHIN
    GRINWITHIN Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Give me the ratty sweats any day of the week.... especially the ones baggy in the legs and butt that used to be form fitting and tight. :happy:
  • lwhitman4
    lwhitman4 Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    I get offended every single time I ogle the ladies at the gym.

Well played, sir. Well played.
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    I wear that stuff at home when working out, but never to the gym.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I'm happy to say, I think I have my workout wardrobe finally figured out. I have several pairs of pink shorts (not uber long, and not daisy duke short) and several black tops - sleeveless and athletic tees. This way, I look like a girl (my dad told me I looked like a football player in my old workout outfit), you can't see all my sweat in the black top, and I am comfortable, and also feel cute and confident, but not like I jumped out of a Victoria Secret catalogue.

I'm more likely to go to the gym and workout around other people if I feel cute - if I'm feeling frumpy, I'm more likely to skip the gym and watch an old Cosby episode while eating mindlessly.
  • TheBraveryLover
    TheBraveryLover Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Meh. I don't have a problem with it, personally.
  • JustEllieK
    JustEllieK Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    In my opinion. Guys are going to stare either way. Just depends on whether you want to give them a reason to or not.