New Guy!

Just wanted to say hi to everyone. I have been using MFP for 16 days and lost 9 pounds! I just finished my 7th day of P90X and hoping to keep on the right track. I am 31 years old and have never attempted a diet in my life. I get stressed at work and tend to over eat to deal with it. I find it crazy to see how many calories are in some of the things I have eaten in the past.

Replies

• Puffins1958
    Puffins1958 Posts: 614 Member
    Welcome to the group. I joined about one week ago, I've found it very helpful just keeping track of my food. I agree, there are soo many calories, in things I never would have thought. I hope that you have a wonderful experience here. ENJOY!!!!
  • Hello and Welcome! Congrats on the 9lbs lost!
  • allie864
    allie864 Posts: 298
    Welcome! Awesome job on the weight loss so far and for doing P90X! It is definitely an eye-opener when you realize how much you were eating beforehand; scary stuff. Feel free to add me & I'm sure you'll enjoy the site as everyone always does :smile:
  • evelynr14
    evelynr14 Posts: 172 Member
    Welcome!! Good job on the 9lbs. Keep it up!
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Hello and welcome. You're obviously off to a fantastic start!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    Welcome from another MFP noob!
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 749 Member
    oops double
  • JeffJohnson26
    JeffJohnson26 Posts: 77 Member
    Welcome! I've been here three weeks now and it's made my eating so much easier. P90X is a GREAT program. I did it and dropped plenty of weight and worked my way up to doing 55 push-ups...when I started at 15! No matter how hard it gets, just push through...just show up as you've probably heard Tony say on the DVD's. Hope you're successful with it!
  • gsenriquez
    gsenriquez Posts: 181 Member
    Welcome and congrats on your 9 lbs loss. This is a very good site...helps you keep track n what you are putting in to your body. Good members too that will give you support.