When?

Options
Here's a question for you?!: WHEN exactly do YOU start your tomorrow?

It's 12:39am. A couple of minutes ago I had a snack. When does YOUR new day start?!

Replies

• skierxjes
    skierxjes Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    When I wake up.
  • thesmellofapples
    thesmellofapples Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i had a post about this yesterday. i felt guilty for eating my dinner a little after 12 each night because my day's are later than the norm. from what i've been told your day starts when you wake up and ends when you sleep.
  • SetecAstronomy
    SetecAstronomy Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    Here's a question for you?!: WHEN exactly do YOU start your tomorrow?

It's 12:39am. A couple of minutes ago I had a snack. When does YOUR new day start?!
    My new day starts tomorrow...for tomorrow is another day!

(sorry, channeled my inner Scarlet there for a moment)
  • phechan3
    Options
    I had the same trouble figuring this out when I first started. My day starts whenever I wake up and it ends at 2am. :)
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    I work 12 hr night shifts three to four nights a week and then I am on a "normal" schedule the rest of the time. So I have my meal loggin broken into time slots, 0000-0600, 0600-1200, 1200-1800 and 1800-000. that way I just log what I eat at the time I ate it instead of trying to figure out what meal category it fits into.
  • MelJolly
    MelJolly Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I had the same trouble figuring this out when I first started. My day starts whenever I wake up and it ends at 2am. :)

It's 1:24 am. 2 am is most certainly not when I will wake up "tomorrow"...... or today, as it were.
  • MelJolly
    Options
    I work 12 hr night shifts three to four nights a week and then I am on a "normal" schedule the rest of the time. So I have my meal loggin broken into time slots, 0000-0600, 0600-1200, 1200-1800 and 1800-000. that way I just log what I eat at the time I ate it instead of trying to figure out what meal category it fits into.

How does that work with meeting your daily calorie intake???
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    12 am for me.... so I can satisfy food cravings at night haha... its ok for me as Ive still lost weight!
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    When I wake up.

This.

I work til 2 am and eat at odd hours. My new day doesn't start til I wake up.
  • Heidi64
    Heidi64 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I go midnite to midnite. I work second shift and get home at 0100. I take my dog for a quick walk and have a 1 am snack (It's labeled as such) and then go to bed. Worked for me so far. :drinker:
  • TexasNurseMom78
    TexasNurseMom78 Posts: 897 Member
    Options

How does that work with meeting your daily calorie intake???

I am not sure I understand? On days that I work, I eat most of my cals between 1800 and 0600 the next morning. So part of it gets counted on one day and part on the next. But it all evens out in the end.
  • phechan3
    Options

It's 1:24 am. 2 am is most certainly not when I will wake up "tomorrow"...... or today, as it were.

Ah, no I meant that I don't end my days at midnight. I used to but considering the fact that I usually don't go to sleep until 2 or so and I tend to eat a small snack somewhere between 10:30 and 1am, 2am seemed like a good place to end my day. Someone told me that as long as it's consistent (meaning one 'day' isn't 30 hours long while another one is 18) it's all good. :)
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    When I wake up.

This.

My "day" is when I wake up until when I go to bed no matter what the pesky clock says. I work third shift and that's what it has to be, lol. I eat breakfast around 4pm and I just ate my dinner not to long ago...and it's almost 5am now.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The one thing that everyone has in common is we sleep once a day.

When that is, it doesn't really matter as long as it's consistent. Day begins when you wake up, day ends when you go to bed. For me, day starts about 1pm, and ends at around 5am.
  • rweatherburn
    Options
    I really think it depends on you - if you are consistently up at that time having a snack before you go to bed I would log it into the rest of your day and start the new day when you wake up - for me that doesn't work because I work a combination of 12hr days and nights so some days I'm up from 11am until 8am the next morning - if i logged all that on one day I would be majorly over so I go midnight to midnight. Hope that made sense!
  • MelJolly
    Options
    I didn't sleep last night, or go to bed. That's why I was asking. This isn't typical though, so I suppose overlapping one day won't cause any huge problem. I was just curious. :smile:
  • MzBug
    MzBug Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    I log stuff from when I get up (9-10ish) to when I go to bed (2-3ish). I also reset my time zone on MFP. I live on the east coast, but have my time zone on MFP set to Pacific (-3 hours) so when I go to bed at 3am, MFP thinks it is midnight and I can still close my diary on the correct "day".
  • kirstyjosephine
    Options
    My day starts when I've woken up. I'm mindful of not just eating for the sake of eating (however, I've supplemented food with tea .. *shifty*), particularly during these periods (EXAM STUDY TIME).
  • ShannonM816
    Options
    I didn't sleep last night, or go to bed. That's why I was asking. This isn't typical though, so I suppose overlapping one day won't cause any huge problem. I was just curious. :smile:

I had a day/night where I did that, totally unplanned, it rarely happens, thank goodness. I typically eat six meals a day, so I logged my six meals, and then when I ate the seventh, I put it as the first meal for the next day.

But I think you're probably right, if it doesn't happen much, it probably isn't too big a deal how you deal with it, as one day shouldn't make much difference in the grand scheme of things.