Kinda-sorta-new

Options
I've been here for awhile, but am just now really digging in and making it a home. I am 36, married (almost 17 years), a mom of two daughters. I've been a member for much longer than I have been a passionate follower. Today is day 45 of my journey (this time). I am fighting for every successful moment, and begging and praying for every positive thought. I've lost 20.6 pounds. I am struggling to get into the habit of recording every single bite. I'm also struggling to believe anyone else out there might understand where I am right now.

WHAT is NSV? Why does this simple acronym make me feel alienated?! I've asked publicly, and privately. Even as a passionate follower, I have not found answers to my most simple, innocent inquiries. Help?

Replies

• hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    NSV=non scale victory. Something other than a change in weight that shows you're getting fitter, healthier or thinner. For example, you can do more pushups, have to buy smaller pants or have a lower cholesterol reading, etc
    Gotta celebrate along the way--victories don't always show up on the scale first.
    Best of luck to you on your quest for better health!:flowerforyou:
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    Awww...I am sorry to hear that people have not supported you. NSV mean non-scale victory....for example....fitting into a once small shirt. Please feel free to befriend me!!!
  • JJ_Mamma
    JJ_Mamma Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your question MelJolly, I had no idea what NSV meant either! I thought it was some strange American thing.

You've done so well, be positive in yourself knowing that and I find that little statement after you have the logged your diary "If you did today everyday you would weigh ?? in 5 weeks" really motivating, keeps me coming back with the thought, you can do this, you did it yesterday... One meal at a time, one step at a time, we'll get there!!
  • honeybadger175
    honeybadger175 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I just re-joined 5 days ago! I didn't know what NSV meant either, lol! Thanks everyone for the info!

Feel free to add me...we can do this together :)
  • JJ_Mamma
    JJ_Mamma Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    error
  • hlouisej
    Options
    Don't worry probably everyone who's new here asks that. When I saw it I thought, what the hell's an NSV. Had to google it to find out!
  • victoria543
    victoria543 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there i must say i'm not always sure of the lingo either so thanks for asking that question now i know what it means i know ive had some NSV's !!. I am also on day 41-42 of using MFP am married with 2 girls and trying to loose weight gained from my pregnancies. I am managing to loose inches but not so many pounds (which annoying) and am trying to fit in exercise 3 times a week. So thats a little about me if you would like to add me we can spur each other on. Good luck x