using too many apps for weight loss???

Options
hello..i use an android phone..... thus d market is filled with lots of good apps to track food and weight loss.... and now i feel like m in a fix... i have installed too many apps in my phone which basically do d same function.........

i really wana restrict myself to just one or two...... clearly there is MFP which i use DAILY....... but i cant seem to decide between the others......soem have really cool features...like noom, libra, diet plan etc etc........ the list is soo long.....

is it bad for me to get caught up in so many apps...coz then i have to update all of them daily... n they all show differnt calories per day requirement for me...... food database is different etc etc.......

please need some advice....

what all apps you use on your phone except MFP??

Replies

• helloburger
    helloburger Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    if you have MFP you dont need any other apps
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I don't use any other app :) I looked at others, but MFP is the BEST!
    However, I do use skinnyr online for my weight charts as well :)
  • Elleinnz
    Elleinnz Posts: 1,661 Member
    Options
    Just MFP - By far the best of all the apps out there - imho the others is a waste of time....
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I used to use MFP to track my calories. I stopped b/c on my old phone, a LG Ally, I rooted it to help remove the bloatware and free up physical ram and well the MFP app stopped working. I use a different one now to track calories. But besides that I love my Cardio Trainer app. I like that it will track you where you go, it has a function so you can post all your workouts via Twitter/Facebook. I paid for it but there's a free verison too. It even has a function to be able to use HRM's that are Bluetooth friendly so your calories burned are pretty accurate.
  • Enforcer25
    Enforcer25 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    I use runkeeper to track my runs and the notebook on my iPhone to track my workouts, MFP takes care of my food and calorie tracking. I have some other apps loaded up, but don't use them anymore. I have seen an app called fleety that I might try. I think to many apps can be a distraction, especially if they are all giving you different information.
  • Crawflowr
    Crawflowr Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    I use Abvios Walkmeter to track and map my walks. It helps to gauge your pace so you can choose the appropriate walk speed in MFP. The calories it says I'm using per walk are in the same ball park as what MFP calculates.
  • peacefrog08109
    peacefrog08109 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I use RunTraining, it's kinda like the couch to 5K but includes training programs for 10K, half and whole marathon.
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Other than MFP, I use an iPhone app called TargetWeight - I like the graphs it does and it keeps a notification up on the home screen of how many pounds you've got left to lose, find that a real help :-))

Also got Get Running which is basically C25K
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    That Target weight app told me I can get to 9st 3 for 2 February 2012 on 1,000 cals a day plus exercise! I'm surprised since other diet sites don't recommend going under 1200 and eating back your exercise calories!
  • Liss416
    Liss416 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    It depends on what your needs truly are. If you find that you stay motivated by using multiple apps, then keep doing what you're doing. Otherwise, keep the ones that you really use/like... I find that MFP does everything for me as far as tracking my diet and my exercise...

I did download a c25k program that I use. I plug the miles that I run & walk into MFP.

Someone mentioned Fleetly as an app. They don't have the app for droid phones yet... so I go to the fleetly site online (www.fleetly.com). It's a program where you earn points for every exercise you do... you can join challenges, etc. It makes exercise fun and competitive.

At the end of the day, you need to do what works and will continue to work for you.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    i use MFP and CardioTrainer to track my outside workouts...that's about it.
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I use MFP and then Runkeeper to track my walks. It gives me mileage and mph so I know exactly what to log in MFP. Plus, since Runkeeper uses GPS, if I get lost I can look at that and find my way home. :blushing: I am not good with directions.
  • RuchikaPal
    RuchikaPal Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Plus, since Runkeeper uses GPS, if I get lost I can look at that and find my way home. :blushing: I am not good with directions.

hahah :laugh: :tongue:
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    mfp as far as calorie tracing goes.. cardiotrainer for exercise stuff.. i have c35k app but havent started yet. oh and pocket yoga
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    That Target weight app told me I can get to 9st 3 for 2 February 2012 on 1,000 cals a day plus exercise! I'm surprised since other diet sites don't recommend going under 1200 and eating back your exercise calories!

My target weight app says a deficit of 1000 calories if you want to lose 2lbs per week. Where does it mention exercise?
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    I only use MFP for calories/food diary. I use Nike+ on my iPod for logging runs (and then enter the cals in MFP's exercise section), and Jefit on my Droid for logging weight lifting (and sometimes remember to copy it over to MFP, sometimes not). I log all my workouts, including yoga, on my Twitter as well.
  • gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    I tried nom and cardiotrainer but didn't like how they ran in the background and were noticeable. MFP covers everything imo and the calories burned from exercise is accurate enough.
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    Options
    I only use MFP and an app called 'fast food lookup" which basically just pulls up the menu for different resturaunts with nutrition facts