LoNew & looking for some encouragement please

Options
I am just starting here, my mom told me about this site, so far I like it.

I'd love to make some friends and give my support as well as have their support. Please add me.:flowerforyou:

Replies

• TODJ06
    TODJ06 Posts: 85
    Options
    :wink: Hello! Welcome to MFP.... I think this is a great site. Its a real eye opener, to how much calories we are/can consume, and how much is burnt off with exercise!

Good luck with your journey!!!

Will add you.

Cheers
  • kirstyjosephine
    Options
    Hello! I've been here for two weeks and am seeing results. It's a great method. :)
  • jpriantj
    jpriantj Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today marks my 75th day here at MFP.
    I signed up for the slow go, a 1/2 pound a week.
    According to schedule, I should have lost about 5lbs. by now, but I have lost 12.
    I haven't made any major changes.
    Everything is slow and steady because I am in this for life.
    One additional source of inspiration for me has been Made to Crave by Lysa Terkeurst.
    I've read it once, and will be reading it again in a book club at my church beginning Nov. 2Oth.
    Be encouraged, and record all your eating.
    Look at this as a journey, and you will not do this perfectly because none of us is perfect.
    Take it one step at a time.
  • Musicgrl4life
    Options
    welcome!

of course, the more you add, the more support. any amount really helps!!

Good luck to you on your weight loss!
  • MrsJessaMarie
    Options
    welcome!! :)
  • flisafakto
    flisafakto Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new too and also looking for friends. I will add you! :smile:
  • amymaria91
    Options
    Welcome!
    I've found this site really addicitive, I won't eat anything until I look it up in the food database cause I'm just so curious what I'm actually eating.
    The encouragement from everyone here really motivates you as well.
    I've just sent you a request, I'd love to help you try to make your goal :smile:
  • ChicGrandma
    ChicGrandma Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I, too, am a newbie! I am just confused on how much I can actually eat in relating to the amount of exercise I do. Can anyone clarify this? I am to eat 1200 calories, but if I exercise and burn 300 calories, can I eat 1500 calories or still stick to the original 1200 calories? SO CONFUSED!!!!????XXXX:embarassed:
  • Julie2402
    Julie2402 Posts: 126
    Options
    hi, this site is excellent and there are some lovely people on here to really encourage you. goodluck i wil add you.