Food ideas

Options
Hey guys I need some help. I am running out of things to make for dinner. I don't eat pork or red meat, I try to stick to chicken/turkey and fish/seafood, however after a while making chicken and potatoes with veggies seems to get boring... Any good recipes or other meal ideas?

Thanks!

Replies

• Maryjaneshoes
    Maryjaneshoes Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Chicken or shrimp stir fry with brown rice...love it! Taco salad with ground turkey, minus the tortilla chips, with black beans, tomato, avocado, etc...
    Chicken fajitas with lo carb tortilla shells.
    Now I'm hungry lol.
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    I like to make my own home-made gyros :) I buy whole wheat pita bread, grill up meat of my choice with a small amount of stir fry or whatever veggies I have around :D I use the Laughing Cow creamy swiss cheese triangle and maybe some low fat ranch. They are easy to make and taste amazing every time, for around 400 calories a piece!
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Baked cod fish is awesome rolled in Italian bread crumbs, Spray with I can't belive its not butter spray. Throw in any kind of veggie or side dish.. The baked fish is only 135 calories.
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    I made these a few weeks ago, and they were soooo good!

I found a recipe for turkey burgers (not premade). I don't remember exactly what I put in them, but it was something like Worcestershire sauce, seasoned salt, pepper, maybe some garlic powder. Grill those up. Put the same seasoning along with EVOO on some big portabello mushrooms, and grill those also. Use the mushrooms as a bun for the burger. Soooo good!
  • Amy_B
    Amy_B Posts: 2,323 Member
    Options
    More recipe/food ideas (just use lighter/reduced fat foods for these):

*chicken fajitas with whole wheat tortillas--Take pieces of grilled chicken or shrimp, saute with peppers and onions, and some fajita seasoning. Cook until chicken is done and peppers/onions are soft. You can add tomatoes too. Fill tortillas with 2% shredded cheese.
    *Lasagna roll-ups--Cook whole wheat lasagna noodles according to box instructions. Mix together 1% or fat-free cottage cheese with an egg, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Put a scoop of filling in center of cooked noodles. Roll up, place in pan, cover with spaghetti sauce and a bit of 2% shredded mozzarella cheese. Cook for 15-20 minutes on 350.
    *Chicken primavera--Cook pieces of chicken breast and whatever veggies you like in a bit of chicken broth until cooked through. Place in spaghetti sauce and over cooked whole wheat spaghetti noodles.
    *chicken taco salad
    *ground turkey meatloaf
    *ground turkey chili (just sub turkey for beef)
    *golden chicken and noodles--http://www.tasteofhome.com/Recipes/Golden-Chicken-and-Noodles
    *black bean quesadillas--Put canned black beans (drained) in a food processor with some avocado, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Blend until smooth. Spoon mixture onto one whole wheat tortilla. Place a bit of 2% cheese on top, then add another whole wheat tortilla on top. Put in oven for 10 minutes or so at 350.
  • styne_17
    Options
    Thanks everyone! This is awesome!