best movie adaptation of a book?

Options
13»

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    I saw The Namesake first before reading it, and it was so good, I bought the book. The movie didn't really stray too far from the book which makes me happy.

Also always enjoy Little Women and a Little Princess..the 1995 version was great. The A&E version of Pride and Prejudice is great as well. Close to the book. :flowerforyou:

ahhh i need to read the namesake AND the little princess. loved BOTH of those movies
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Well, let me be the first to give a kids book..The Chronicles Of Narnia...movie did GREAT job...now those who read the whole book series know you cannot mess with the books! I would have been irate! But I read those books a few times as a kid and again as adult and still enjoy it and movies so far have done a good job.
    We all know Hollywood sometimes has no choice but to change some things due to the details in story and if they have enough money! LOL!! like LOTR...
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Oh, my gosh! They madea movie of The Namesake? I loved that book, I'll have to check it out! I agree about 95's Little Women, I still read that every Christmas season to my 3 young daughters, and they love that movie, too.
  • thor1god1of1awesome
    thor1god1of1awesome Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Best I have to say is green mile and the worst was dream catcher
  • Nikki582
    Nikki582 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    Forrest Gump

Because whoever the genius was that read that complete tripe and went "this would make a great movie" needs a medal, it's one of the very very few books that has translated better in movie than it was in book.
  • Navie42
    Navie42 Posts: 152
    Options
    Best I have to say is green mile and the worst was dream catcher

ANY Stephen King movie is a piss poor adaptation of the book. I am really nervous to see what happens with The Dark Tower property.