HELP ME MAINTAIN!

Options
Hey MFP friends! I have lost 83 lbs and as much as I'd like to keep going with my weight loss to reach my ultimate goal of 100lbs lost, I have to put it temporarily on hold until after my wedding in March. I'm sure you'd like to know why, so let me explain. My mom purchased my wedding dress back in April. At that point was was down about 40lbs, but it had been a really slow loss. The sample dress I tried on was a 14 and was very close to fitting me. Unfortunately, when the girls at the dress shop measured me, they felt it would be best for them to order the dress in a size 18! i told them i thought that would be too big since I had planned on continuing my weight loss journey. They ordered the 18 anyway. Since then I've dropped another 43 lbs and toned up quite a bit. I should be hearing from the dress shop any day now to schedule my fitting and I'm so scared that they won't be able to take the dress in enough to fit me properly!

My mom has begged me to stop losing and I am completely fine with that. I had planned on stopping at an 80lb lose, but have already passed that by a few pounds. I am having a lot of trouble eating my calorie goal of around 2000 calories a day. I've been exercising a lot and would hate to cut down on that since it's helping me cope with stress.

Does anyone have any suggestions for healthy higher calorie foods or suggestions on what I should do for exercise? Should I be laying off the cardio and focusing more on weight training?

Thanks a ton for your suggestions!

Replies

• mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    I would keep going and tell the dress shop they should have ordered the size you asked for.

If you stop, you're more likely to not continue.
  • bluefox9er
    bluefox9er Posts: 2,917 Member
    Options
    Hi Gina,

first off, congratulations on such a great loss so far and also for your upcoming wedding :-)

I am on maintenance now and mfp's 200+ calories a day were eye popping as I was so used to 1200 calorie days. I say nudge up to a net calories of about 1,700..that should help!
  • Erindipitous
    Erindipitous Posts: 1,234 Member
    Options
    I would keep going and tell the dress shop they should have ordered the size you asked for.

If you stop, you're more likely to not continue.

I agree with this on both counts. It's a tailor's job to alter clothing to make it fit.. If this one can't do it, go to another one. Even if the dress doesn't look perfect, then it's not the end of the world.. But is it worth risking that you'll not pick back up on it later?
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Here's a group of ladies who all eat over 2000 calories. Many are maintaining.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/374454--3-support-group-for-women-eating-2000-calories-per-day-3

The trick is just to eat real food. I use sugar in my coffee, cook with oil, use full-fat cheese, eat red meat, eggs with yolk, fruit, real salad dressing. You could even go up to 2% or whole milk (I only like skim though).