I need help

Options
I am so frustrated, I just want to cry. I have not lost anything in about a month. I am working out more and according to my calories in vs calories burned, I should be losing about 3 lbs a week but nothing. On the positive side I do feel 100% better and I can see a difference but not on the scale and even my measurements haven't changed. What am I doing wrong?

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can make suggestions. It is hard to give suggestions if we don't know how you are eating.
  • Jessica2Skinny
    Jessica2Skinny Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    What are you eating?
  • samiem
    samiem Posts: 6
    Options
    Is it possible you have gained muscle mass? it weighs more than fat, and will help burn more fat. Stay motivated and keep up the good work.
  • apetranovich
    apetranovich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I totally feel for you. I wish I could give advice, but I'm in the same situation as you. Except that I have been doing this consistently for four months now without shedding a lb and working out about 6 hours a week on average. I've lost inches and I've learned that I'm just going to have to be happy with that for a while. Don't give up and don't let the "negative voice" in your head win. You can do it:smile:
  • beautifulbrat
    Options
    wha are you eating and have you taken any measurements?
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Are you eating your exercise calories? I know that some on here do not, but I have found that doing so works for me. Are you drinking enough water? Just some items to consider... I hope you get it figured out soon. :flowerforyou:
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    also remember mucles way more than fat you may be loosing weight but gaining muscles
  • jbahrami
    jbahrami Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Don't worry...I was there too. However, you'll notice the difference in how you feel and your measurements before you'll notice it on the scale. Don't quit and don't get discouraged...keep moving forward and before you know it, you'll be shocked when you get on the scale and see a big difference in the numbers. Stay positive....it looks like you have a lot of support here.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    3 pounds a week is not a realistic or healthy goal. You should be aiming for 1.5-2 pounds max, which means you likely are not eating enough calories and/or not eating your exercise calories and your body is slowing your metabolism to compensate.
  • thegirlwholived96
    Options
    If you are doing strength training, you may be gain muscle. Muscle weighs more than fat, so in essence you may be getting stronger, and losing fat, but it just doesn't show up because the muscles are taking up the weight you lost.
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    I'm with ya. in the last two months I've been eating 1200-1500 calories a day, exercising 6 days a week. I've gone down a size and a half in pants (from a loose 18 to a tight 14), but only lost 3 lbs in that 8 weeks.

It IS very annoying, but the loss in pant size tells me that I'm replacing fat mass with muscle mass, which takes up less room!
  • dpowell58
    dpowell58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I have taken measurements, no change. Haven't lost a pants size, although my used to be very tight size 20s are very loose. 18s are still about 4" from fitting.
    I haven't been eating my exercise calories but I'm not hungry. I eat when I'm hungry and I stop when I'm full. I'm trying to watch my sodium intake, in case that's the problem.
    I've opened my food diary so if anyone wants to take a look and tell me what they think. I really appreciate all the suggestions and help.
    Thanks
  • patiencez2
    patiencez2 Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    The Only thing I saw in your diary was that your not drinking any water.
    Some of the food your eating is high in salt. But your not going over your sodium, I would just try drinking lots and lots of water.
    Could be you are retaining alot of water. It also could be your not eating enough.
    calories.
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Yep, definitely not eating enough on the days you're exercising.
  • dpowell58
    dpowell58 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I am drinking a lot of water, just haven't been consistent about logging it. I am trying to add more healthy calories since several people, and my daughter, think I'm not eating enough, but I also don't want to eat if I'm not hungry. I have never been an overeater. Just seem to have an extremely slow metabolism. My doctor told me that I am eating good, that I just need to exercise more. So I'm exercising more and still not losing weight. The first 22 pounds came off easy and now I'll lose a pound 1 week and gain it back the next. I'm not going to give up, I like the way I'm feeling too much to do that. My husband says the weight doesn't matter, just that I'm healthy and feeling good. But the weight does matter. I am too fat, and it needs to go.
  • KimberliRay
    Options
    I was looking at your diary and it seems your eating alot of processed food which has alot of sodium. Maybe your retaining alot of water. Maybe eat some egg whites which carry alot of protein and fills you up. My go to breakfast everymorning is 1/2 cup of egg whites on a slice of good whole wheat bread. It fills me up. I also went from frozen veggies to fresh. This is just my opinion though. If you want to see my diary, send me a friends request and I will open it up to you. Alot of the best ideas have come from other's diary's.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    I am so frustrated, I just want to cry. I have not lost anything in about a month. I am working out more and according to my calories in vs calories burned, I should be losing about 3 lbs a week but nothing. On the positive side I do feel 100% better and I can see a difference but not on the scale and even my measurements haven't changed. What am I doing wrong?

Start tracking your body fat percentage and doing the math each time to see what you are losing. Scale weight loss and fat loss aren't the same thing. Although, you aren't losing scale weight, it doesn't mean you aren't losing fat.