my journey since Jan 2011

Options
sammeruss
sammeruss Posts: 11 Member
Ok, im almost at my ultimate goal, but thought id write this as I wanted to report on my half marathon last weekend in Niagara.
It was awesome! Hard at times, but thats expected right! Its not an easy thing to run 21.5km! The weather was awesome, sunny and 15degrees. Almost too hot at times! We had to wait at the start line for an hour and 30 mins, as we were bused to the start. But I was prepared, had an extra bottle of water, and a cliff bar, so I had that an hour before the run. Over 1500 people ran the half, so it was interesting running with that many people! After 5-6 kms it thinned out and we found our spot on the road, (I always run with my friend Teresa, we've trained together since March, when we did the learn to run clinic). Hardest thing was having every km marked, it made it seem endless...but we did it, not a record breaking time, but 2.33 (with a pit stop at the portaloos). Going across the finish line was amazing, my hubby and kids were alongside the road, just before we finished, such a boost! So, now I want to do another one, 30k across the bay in March, but doing as a relay I think...training in winter could be hard, not tried that yet!
So to top off my story, I am 2lbs from reaching 50lbs lost, gone from 177lbs to 129 since Jan, eating clean and running!
Having a night out tonight - to celebrate, going to Rocky Horror Show, and dressing up for halloween, my first ever adult halloween costume! I cant wait! Have a great weekend everyone!

http://www.eatcleandiet.com/the_kitchen_table/profile/?u=sammeruss

Replies

• AureliaCotta
    AureliaCotta Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on both successes!

I walked a couple of half-marathons...fun but challenging. I did promise myself that one day I will run one...maybe not the next one I'm in since I'm doing it with a friend who's not running. But one day, it will be me running across the finish line!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!