Lack of a microwave...

Options
Since moving into my own teeny tiny apartment several months ago, I have yet to buy a microwave. I have actually come to enjoy it because I eat healthier and as a result have learned to slow down and enjoy my food (I rarely used my oven or stove when I had a microwave).

But I had to vent some frustration because I am about to cook a frozen light calzone... it takes 2 minutes in the microwave... 50 in my oven. Grrr... I'm hungry and missing my microwave right now.

Replies

• flcaoh
    flcaoh Posts: 444
    Options
    Since moving into my own teeny tiny apartment several months ago, I have yet to buy a microwave. I have actually come to enjoy it because I eat healthier and as a result have learned to slow down and enjoy my food (I rarely used my oven or stove when I had a microwave).

But I had to vent some frustration because I am about to cook a frozen light calzone... it takes 2 minutes in the microwave... 50 in my oven. Grrr... I'm hungry and missing my microwave right now.
  • allaboutme
    allaboutme Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    I couldn't exist without it. I don't cook in it, I use it for defrosting and heating up leftovers. I don't think I could go as long as you have :happy:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I only use mine for vegetables, melting butter for popcorn and once in awhile to warm somthing up. I could go along time without one. Oh wait! I just learned how to cook regular oatmeal in it! So I might use it more now.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    I had to buy a new one yesterday....we we given our microwave as a wedding gift 19 years ago by my Father in law....well he passed away in Dec :cry: within a week of the microwave biting the bullet.....Irony!:noway:
  • MattySparky
    Options
    alot of that cooking time is thawing time... maybe thaw your frozen food out until you get a 'wave.