200 calorie meals

sw33tn3ss07
sw33tn3ss07 Posts: 71
edited October 4 in Introduce Yourself
I am trying to stay within 200 calorie meals or less.. Any suggestions?

Replies

• azsuzi
    azsuzi Posts: 1,169 Member
    A 3 ounce portion of meat and LOTS of veggies!! That's what I normally do. :D
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Bump I need ideas too.
  • Skinny_minny_mo
    Skinny_minny_mo Posts: 1,272 Member
    bump
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Perhaps it might help if you tinkered with the recipe-builder here. No one knows what you like for food and such and it might be easier if you did it that way on your own.

You could build your own recipe, and then adjust the servings total to get the 200+- calories youre looking for that way too!

Good luck!
  • leeshults
    leeshults Posts: 223 Member
    Breakfast ideas:

2 pcs lite toast 70 calories
    2 tbs pineapple cream cheese 70 calories
    hot tea with sweetener

instant oatmeal with sweetener 100-160 calories
    hot tea

sorry....that's all I got!! LOL
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    I like chicken stir fry...and REAL easy way is taking a 3 or 4 oz boneless skinless chicken breast, cook and cut it up. Get Green Giant boxed veggies..I got the Taryaki mixed veggies and for the whole box is only 90 cals and includes the sauce the veggies cook in. Mix veggies and chicken..dinner! Around 200 cals and filling!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Why? How many "meals" are you eating? Even 5 at 200 only adds up to 1000 calories a day.
  • jazzalea
    jazzalea Posts: 412 Member
    There are lots of frozen meals that come up under or close to 200 calories.... soups are great and are a good way of keeping your fluids up.... salads are always good, tuna salad on toast, chicken salad in a bowl with celery on the side? cereal is fantastic, often low calorie, lots of fibre and its filling.....

I hope when you say that you are keeping to 200 calorie meals, that you are still eating healthy, and eating 5-6 200 calorie meals a day...... it's true less calories in means more weight off... but only if your body feels safe and doesn't go into starvation mode in order to protect itself.... we didn't get into this mess overnight... and we need to give ourselves time to get out of it....

Good luck :)11987728.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Thanks that sounds delish!
  • i want to have 5 200 calorie meals and a snack. I want to keep my metabolism working.
  • meeperoon
    meeperoon Posts: 270 Member
    Sautéed mushrooms on toast... Just had it yum....

100-138 cals for brown yummy bread and however many mushrooms with a bit of butter you wanna throw on! :)
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    4 jumbo marshmellows.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    a miniature omelet and a miniature piece of toast
  • Rae6503
    i want to have 5 200 calorie meals and a snack. I want to keep my metabolism working.

If eating 5 meals a day helps you stay under your calorie goal (which probably should be MORE than 1200, and definitely not below it) then go for it. But the idea that eating more often increases your metabolism is a myth....
  • I make a veggie wrap and it's only about 150 calories. I use the LaTortilla tortilla (80 calories) and spread 2tbls of fat free cream cheese on it (30 calories) and load it up with sliced cucumber, tons of sprouts and mushrooms. Fills me up and super delish. Use any veggies you want :happy:
  • yummy♥
    yummy♥ Posts: 612 Member
    about 10oz of Founder's Breakfast Stout.
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    200 is barely a snack, not a meal
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    a miniature omelet and a miniature piece of toast

Too bad there isn't room for a miniature slice of bacon.
  • cbelt82
    cbelt82 Posts: 62
    I usually eat my most calories for dinner but try to stay low on breakfast and lunch. For breakfast I normally Have kashi Cereal which has alot of fiber and makes me feel full. Lunch I usually have yogurt with a half cup of strawberries inside. If I get hungry between meals I usually grab and apple and cut it up into small pieces (which makes me feel like I'm snacking more) or I grab Whole grain Goldfish.
  • Rae6503
    200 is barely a snack, not a meal

Yeah, this too.
This discussion has been closed.