Infrared Sauna

Options
Hi there, I am wondering if anyone has had any luck losing weight using an infrared sauna. Thanks for the help.

Replies

• purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    WT . . .
    Never heard of it . . .
    Discuss!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I have never heard of this method. How does it work?
  • Apryl546
    Apryl546 Posts: 909 Member
    Options
    That's too easy.
    You're just losing water weight, and will gain it right back.
    Saunas don't have long lasting effects on weight loss.

I just see it as another gimmick.
  • Vulnerable64
    Vulnerable64 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Well the pounds lost initially after the session is definately water weight but the calories burned creating the sweat is real. You can burn up to 600 per 1 hour session. Not to mention there is a list of other benefits that go along with it and its relaxing lol
  • gentsevetzak
    gentsevetzak Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    That's too easy.
    You're just losing water weight, and will gain it right back.
    Saunas don't have long lasting effects on weight loss.

I just see it as another gimmick.

THIS^^^^
    Feels great if done right though, the trick is to stay in for long enough, after that don't cool down for 15 mins, after 15 minutes cool down very gradually result=pure bliss.
  • deathstarclock
    deathstarclock Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    Well the pounds lost initially after the session is definately water weight but the calories burned creating the sweat is real. You can burn up to 600 per 1 hour session. Not to mention there is a list of other benefits that go along with it and its relaxing lol

I'd like to see some scientifically backed literature supporting this
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

Many people can burn more calories in an hour by exercising. There is a list of other benefits that go along with exercise.
  • Vulnerable64
    Options
    This is in addition to an exercise regime of course! lol

Im wondering if one can work out for an hour , where i tend to burn about 600 calories anyway and then sauna for a while to burn all together 1200 calories.
  • Vulnerable64
    Options
    any thoughts on this? Has anyone used one?
  • jb_sweet_99
    jb_sweet_99 Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    I've used it, makes you feel good, great for the skin but I don't think it boosted my weight loss any and I went to 20+ sessions
  • robertf57
    robertf57 Posts: 560 Member
    Options

Total BS! You will lose water but you will not lose a significant amount of non-water weight.