Is Anyone watching Oprah?

Options
I admit I was an obese child but I was not 300lbs. I was around 30 lbs over weight. This is kinda ridiculous.

I was fat because of my grandma's jelly biscuits and over eating real food. And because my mom didn't want me outside out of her sight. My parents never let me have junk. It was not allowed in the house. I didn't know what a potato chip was until I was like 15 or 16.

So I'm thinking if you are a parent and your child is morbidly obese stop buying junk food!? If they don't know what it is, they won't want it!

Replies

• ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I admit I was an obese child but I was not 300lbs. I was around 30 lbs over weight. This is kinda ridiculous.

I was fat because of my grandma's jelly biscuits and over eating real food. And because my mom didn't want me outside out of her sight. My parents never let me have junk. It was not allowed in the house. I didn't know what a potato chip was until I was like 15 or 16.

So I'm thinking if you are a parent and your child is morbidly obese stop buying junk food!? If they don't know what it is, they won't want it!
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    *whines* But my child maaaaaade me buy it....

:grumble:
    30bs overweight is one thing.
    A 300lbs kid is quite another.
  • may_marie
    may_marie Posts: 667 Member
    Options
    i might bring a little controversy to thing thread,, but....

i think that parents that let they kids grow that obese should be persecuted as child abuser.
    the problem is where to draw the line....

of course i think that there should be help for parents witch the kids are gaining too much .. before there is persecution...

those little kids obviously have no idea how they should be eating... and i find it sad to see a 5 yo sitting at mc donalds with a supersize grown up meal and sunday in front of them.. and the parents laughing on how much the kids can eat. (i have seen that)... to me that is as shocking as seeing a kid being smacked across the face

(note,, im sorry i have not seen the oprah show, so that is not what im commenting on...)
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    There actually was a woman who got her kid taken bc he was so horribly obese. they gave the kid to his dad, he began eating healthy and exercising, and the kid lost some shocking figure- like 150 lbs or something. I think I saw it on Dr. Phil, maybe Oprah. So if it goes WAY too far, it actually can be considered child abuse.

I wish I was watching Oprah right now and not giving a math test:grumble: