30 day Shred Success Stories

Options
I've been searching the boards for success stories on this and everyone's opinions. I've noticed that many say they didn't lose much weight on it, but lost inches.

Are there any out there that did lose weight? I've only been seriously dieting for about two weeks along with exercising and I'm hoping since my body hasn't adapted as much as some that I will still lose weight! I get that it's important to take measurements, but stepping on the scales to see the number go down is what keeps me going!

Also, I'm trying to stay under my allowance all the time. I do eat my workout calories sometimes, but not usually all of them.

Replies

• toque_de_miel
    toque_de_miel Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm doing 30 day shred but I'm only on Level 1 Day 6 - I haven't noticed an extreme drop in weight specifically, I suppose but I'm also doing C25K along with it. I just finished up with week 6 so from here on out I'm doing just straight running for 20-30 minutes so I would imagine any weight loss is probably going to come from my running.

Although I must admit I feel stronger than I did 6 days ago when I started the shred.
  • Pinkmaddycat
    Pinkmaddycat Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    weight loss is important to me for motivation too, i only did the first two weeks, lost inches but no weight. So now after falling off the wagon and recently getting back on i am focusing on on weight loss before i consider toning up! good luck in what you decide
  • Asil76
    Asil76 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    I finished 30DS today and I feel a lot stronger and less "jggly" :laugh: I lost a total of 3lbs (goal to lose1/2 lb per week) I will be taking my measurements & weighing in tomorrow and I am hoping the numbers have dropped. I also took pictures the day I started and will be taking more tomorrow and comparing them...hoping to see results.
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I do need to do both. Honestly, I figure it may be easier to deal with the toning if I work on it throughout my weightloss. Maybe I will just take my measurements and get on everyday to remind myself that just because I'm not losing weight doesn't mean it's not effective.

I just like to see numbers!!!
  • Kimmy546
    Kimmy546 Posts: 102
    Options
    I've been doing it since July I think if not before and I really started to notice weight and inches after 30 days, at 60 I saw more inches coming off since you are building some muscle and you know muscle weighs more... I still use 30ds on days I'm short for time, but have switched to doing P90x but not following the guide on that, just doing the cardio, biometrecs, kempo and core and ab ripper. I swear by 30ds though, but yes you have to do it more than 30 days unless your starting out with 10 pounds to lose. This was not my case. :bigsmile:
  • foremant86
    foremant86 Posts: 1,115 Member
    Options
    I have been consistently losing weight with 30DS, i lost about 10lbs the first round and am working on finishing a second round and have also lost another 10lbs.

the whole "lose up to 20lbs" is BS, and not to mention losing 20lbs in 30 days isn't really all that healthy unless you are 350+lbs
  • jess3012
    Options
    i lost weight and inches while doing the 30ds, think i was losing about 1-2lb a week which i was really happy with!
  • 1toInfinity
    1toInfinity Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I lost 6lbs and 12 inches. I loved my results!
  • jakki_brown
    jakki_brown Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Well, I am just worried that my weight loss will slow down. I'm losing about 3 lbs a week, so I would hope to lose 12 or more in the month. Which, now that I think about it that way 10lbs is a good number for a month! Thanks for helping me out! :)