crying over potatoes....

Options
i know this is ridiculous but i have cut up some potatoes and put them in a pan to put in the oven....they covered in butter and onions and i LOVE THEM!!!! LOVE THEM!!! my B/F mom made a turkey and gave us some to take home...so it almost was gunna be like thanksgiving for me......i was sooo looking forward to them!!!! but being cut up early and left overnight now they look like brused apples (me b/f who was gunna put them in the oven told me anyways as i'm still at work)....so now i have to make normal potatoes or something as they usually take tooo long for me to cook as i'm hungry when i get home.......

i know this seems irrational but i had been looking forward to them....and made ROOM FOR THEM in my calories and i haven't been treating myself to any cravings lately and this is what i wanted to cheat on!!!!!....now i feel like i'm going to cry over stupid potatoes!!!!:sad: :sad:

i'm just disappointed and i'm just being really irrational i guess.....

Replies

• sherris
    sherris Posts: 112
    Options
    i know this is ridiculous but i have cut up some potatoes and put them in a pan to put in the oven....they covered in butter and onions and i LOVE THEM!!!! LOVE THEM!!! my B/F mom made a turkey and gave us some to take home...so it almost was gunna be like thanksgiving for me......i was sooo looking forward to them!!!! but being cut up early and left overnight now they look like brused apples (me b/f who was gunna put them in the oven told me anyways as i'm still at work)....so now i have to make normal potatoes or something as they usually take tooo long for me to cook as i'm hungry when i get home.......

i know this seems irrational but i had been looking forward to them....and made ROOM FOR THEM in my calories and i haven't been treating myself to any cravings lately and this is what i wanted to cheat on!!!!!....now i feel like i'm going to cry over stupid potatoes!!!!:sad: :sad:

i'm just disappointed and i'm just being really irrational i guess.....
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    Excuse my ignorance... but you can't eat brown potatoes?
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    You *should* just be able to cut off the brown. It's just because they were left out...next time put them in cold water in the fridge and they should be fine. They might turn a bit pink, but they should be ok.
  • MattySparky
    Options
    yeah whats the big deal, eat them anyways.
  • NoraEE
    NoraEE Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    No, I totally hear that. Sometimes you just want to eat that one perfect food, and if it turns out less than perfect you just want to throw a full-fledged todler-style temper tantrum.

I hope your redone potatoes turn out to be *almost* as good!
  • mommyofone
    Options
    I am sorry about your potatoes but I would eat them the way they are if I loved them that much
  • sherris
    Options
    No, I totally hear that. Sometimes you just want to eat that one perfect food, and if it turns out less than perfect you just want to throw a full-fledged todler-style temper tantrum.

I hope your redone potatoes turn out to be *almost* as good!

thanks for understanding....i just think i hit a breaking point in not letting myself have ANY cheats and all i wanted was these in the momment..........

i KNOW it's no a big deal.....it was as NoraEE said.....seeing one or two of these have made me feel as dumb as this "momment" was...i'm over it...(ofcorse)

partly a time of the month thing anyways....just ignore me.......

thanks for the supportive messeges anyways...even if it was dumb
  • sherris
    Options
    wish i hadn't wrote this..................
  • jocelyne2
    jocelyne2 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    That why it is called our time off the month ... LOL ...that's when we can totally fall of the deep end and it fine and even normal . We are intitiled to a break down or 2 in my case a month he he he .
  • finallyproud
    finallyproud Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    Honey don't feel bad. :flowerforyou: I almost had a nervous breakdown over potatoes myself last night.:cry: My sister made some with extra butter, sour cream, ranch dressing and bacon bits.:grumble: As I looked at them I could just see me gaining 5 lbs from them, but I wanted them sssoooo bad(old habits coming thru). But I said no and slowly backed away.:bigsmile:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Can't your dude just do up some new ones? :huh: