Stressed & another 2

Options
My mother is 67 years old, and sufferes from high blood pressure and kidney problems. She lives in SC across the street from my two brothers. My sister and I live here in MS. My sister's daughter moved to SC (in with mom) this past weekend. All week last week, my mother begged me to make the 8-9 hour drive up to see her. She never begs anyone for anything, but she asked me every single day. So, hubs and I left when he got of work on friday and drove up. Food wise, I thought I had blown it. Mom doesn't have net access, so there was no way for me to log my calories and such. The whole weekend I ate what I felt like I wanted (in moderation) and didn't count a single calorie. I even had soda instead of water ( I know, I know, get the wet noodles out!)

I still managed to loose 2 pounds!! I know it may have been more, and my pigging out didn't help, but I was still proud :D

On the stressful side, when I got back home Sunday, my sister called to tell me that Mom had to be rushed to the ER because they thought she was having a seziure. Turns out she has early onset Parkinson's desease. :( I think she knew something would happen, and wanted all of us with her while we could be. She came home yesterday from the hospital with new medicine and seems to be doing much better now. I'm thankful my niece (a nurse) will be with her, and she won't be alone from now on.

So happy and sad news all at once! :flowerforyou:

Replies

• dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My mother is 67 years old, and sufferes from high blood pressure and kidney problems. She lives in SC across the street from my two brothers. My sister and I live here in MS. My sister's daughter moved to SC (in with mom) this past weekend. All week last week, my mother begged me to make the 8-9 hour drive up to see her. She never begs anyone for anything, but she asked me every single day. So, hubs and I left when he got of work on friday and drove up. Food wise, I thought I had blown it. Mom doesn't have net access, so there was no way for me to log my calories and such. The whole weekend I ate what I felt like I wanted (in moderation) and didn't count a single calorie. I even had soda instead of water ( I know, I know, get the wet noodles out!)

I still managed to loose 2 pounds!! I know it may have been more, and my pigging out didn't help, but I was still proud :D

On the stressful side, when I got back home Sunday, my sister called to tell me that Mom had to be rushed to the ER because they thought she was having a seziure. Turns out she has early onset Parkinson's desease. :( I think she knew something would happen, and wanted all of us with her while we could be. She came home yesterday from the hospital with new medicine and seems to be doing much better now. I'm thankful my niece (a nurse) will be with her, and she won't be alone from now on.

So happy and sad news all at once! :flowerforyou:
  • mommyofone
    Options
    Well I am happy for you loosing weight but i wish you and your mom all the best
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Prayers for your mom and a high five for you:drinker:

-Adrienne:heart:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!