Need advice on new haircut to match my new body :)

Options
pelleld
pelleld Posts: 363 Member
OK everyone....big decision. Until this March I've pretty much had the same hairstyle for the last 10 years or so. In March I started growing it out into a "bob", just as I was beginning my weight loss. Now that my face is thinner I'm not sure I like it, my hair hides my face unless I push it behind my ears. So I'm thinking of changing it again. I'm posting a photobucket link below that has pics from long ago and while its growing out, up to now. There is also a pic in the album that is the style I'm thinking of trying (titled "should I try this?"). Does it go with my thinner face? Or should I go back to the syle in the pic titled 2005? Honest opinions please....some pics are without makeup - sorry if I scare anyone!

http://s1219.photobucket.com/albums/dd429/pelleld/Hair Styles/

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the September 2011 look. You look gorgeous with bangs! A little bit of length really frames your face and shows how slim you are.
    PS. You are beautiful!
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    my fav was July2011 Very cute.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    I like 2005...
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    I really like the "should I try" hairstyle. Lightening your hair up with it will brighten your eyes too. :)
  • susaneec
    susaneec Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    You have beautiful, even features. You could go as short as you want and still look great. I like the hairstyle you picked out as a maybe.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I really like the "should try" hair cut. I'm a fan of really short hair styles as they show off your features more.
  • jayliospecky
    jayliospecky Posts: 25,022 Member
    Options
    I'm partial to 2005, although "should I try" is very cute, too. I think short hair is great, personally.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    OK everyone....big decision. Until this March I've pretty much had the same hairstyle for the last 10 years or so. In March I started growing it out into a "bob", just as I was beginning my weight loss. Now that my face is thinner I'm not sure I like it, my hair hides my face unless I push it behind my ears. So I'm thinking of changing it again. I'm posting a photobucket link below that has pics from long ago and while its growing out, up to now. There is also a pic in the album that is the style I'm thinking of trying (titled "should I try this?"). Does it go with my thinner face? Or should I go back to the syle in the pic titled 2005? Honest opinions please....some pics are without makeup - sorry if I scare anyone!

I think you should go for it. . That is a really cute hairstyle~
  • MissMaggie3
    MissMaggie3 Posts: 2,464 Member
    Options
    I love 2005, but I also like 2011 a lot. But all these different answers show how subjective the whole business is. Which one do YOU like best?
  • AshDHart
    AshDHart Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I think the 2005 is very flattering but I think the "should I try one" could be really stunning on you! And if you are up for lightening your color a bit it could really give you a new look that will pop!
  • pelleld
    Options
    I love 2005, but I also like 2011 a lot. But all these different answers show how subjective the whole business is. Which one do YOU like best?

I liked my current style until I saw a pic of me with it and realized it was hiding my face. Now that I'm thinner I'm thinking maybe I can carry off a shorter style like the "should I try" pic. Its called a medium length pixie cut. I'm just not that good at trying new things. And while its only hair and it will grow back if I hate it, I'm apprehensive about it.

Also, I usually get highlights a few times per year so I am due for my them as well. I get a medium blond with a little red thrown in. My appt is Nov 10 so I have some time to ponder and decide.
  • stevwil41
    stevwil41 Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    If you're at all interested in a guys perspective I like it longer. I think it frames your face nicely but in the end you have to try what you think you'll like.
  • pelleld
    Options
    If you're at all interested in a guys perspective I like it longer. I think it frames your face nicely but in the end you have to try what you think you'll like.

I'm interested in ALL perspectives...............
  • comeback0903
    comeback0903 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the September 2011 look. You look gorgeous with bangs! A little bit of length really frames your face and shows how slim you are.
    PS. You are beautiful!

agreed!
  • RockHardAngel_777
    Options
    I am all for LONG hair, BUT, I think that "should I try" style is GORGEOUS!!! Go for it! You look great, so Im sure anything you decide will look good!
  • pelleld
    Options
    PS. You are beautiful!

Thank you for your PS comment.......I'm working on feeling confident and that was really nice to read :)
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I like the should try it's updated and fun. Your hair is so thick (jealous) it will look great!
  • chriscut1
    Options
    Speaking as a hairdresser, I like sept 2011! I feel that should I try this one, might be too much cut around your face?? anyhow, why not try changing the colour to lift it first, then decide if you want to crop it? maybe 1 change at a time?

congrats with your weight loss.

I have gone from a style similar to yours at the moment, to a cropped style due to my hair being damaged (fried) I just had to cut off over processed/bleached ends, about 2/3 inches and i have regrets.. I cant wait for it to grow back!!

I hope you make the right decision for you.. you look fab anyways..xx
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I think you should go with a pixie hair cut! So cute, and i think it would look great on your face
  • grrrlface
    grrrlface Posts: 1,204 Member
    Options
    The 'should I try' pic is lovely, I would try a slightly darker shade though as the whiter shade maybe a bit too much. But you would definitely look good with a lighter shade than you are currently.
    You also look good with some length as well. It's up to you though how you want it, just remember if you try something, it's only hair and you can always try something else if you don't like it!! :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!