Females over 46

freeshia
freeshia Posts: 10
Is there any female finding it hard to lose weight.. I'm 46 still eat the same..Now I;ve join a gym go at least 3 times a week do about an hour workout. Nothing happening..I'm lucky to have lost 2 kilos in the past 6 months. What going on. In my younger days just come off..Need help.

Replies

• OSUalum
    OSUalum Posts: 449 Member
    Yes age is our enemy sometimes. But it can be done.
    As I've gotten older I see that its not only the calories per day but where those calories come from that makes the difference. I am learning to eat more whole foods and cutting out processed and empty calories. A difficult task but it seems to be working.
    Keep at it! It'll happen!
  • maidentl
    maidentl Posts: 3,203 Member
    still eat the same

Still eat the same as . . . ? If it's the same as always, that would explain why it's not coming off very quickly.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Darn metabolism slows down..... takes more work now. Good luck to you!
    03258 Posts: 60
    Oh yeah....it's way harder to lose weight as you get older. Lucky us eh? :-)
  • muffn43
    muffn43 Posts: 10
    I totally understand, I started peri-menopause when I was 46, I;ll be 50 next month and still struggling. I swear hormones make it worse too.
  • butters1
    butters1 Posts: 1,540 Member
    Is there any female finding it hard to lose weight.. I'm 46 still eat the same..Now I;ve join a gym go at least 3 times a week do about an hour workout. Nothing happening..I'm lucky to have lost 2 kilos in the past 6 months. What going on. In my younger days just come off..Need help.

I'm 46 & periomenopausal. It's taken me 10 months to lose 30 pounds working *really* hard at it. I'm in it for the long haul though, 30 ponunds loss is better than who knows what gain?? :smile:

and your metabolism continues to decrease as you age . I do not want this to be even harder a few years from now. :laugh:

friend me if you like.
  • rbryntes
    rbryntes Posts: 710 Member
    I'm pretty sure you need ot both change your diet and exercise. If you still eat the same it won't come off as easily.
  • marpeters
    marpeters Posts: 205 Member
    Hi, That was happening to me until I really got serious and paid for some personal training. Turns out all heart pumping exercise is NOT the same in terms of loosing unwanted weight. As I requested my trainer put me on a routine that I could do at home...I had weights and an elliptical machine at home. I ended up buying a few things that I now use every week. Doing EXACTLY as my trainer asked has created a body I could have only dreamed about. I lost 80 pounds and I'm so strong and fit at 56. Good luck....
    My advise is get a few months of help and see what happens to your body. Change your exercise AND your eating and your body HAS to change too.
This discussion has been closed.