How would I count work calories?

Right now I am a student so I only work 2 days a week. I therefore have my settings set on sedentary..

But on weekends I work really hard. Today I worked 10 hours (fast food style job) but it was very busy because it is a college town and there was a football game.

If I were to enter in 10 hours light cleaning or 10 hours food prep it would say I burned WAYYY too many calories (like 2000).. but I still want to enter in the extra calories I burned today...

How would I do that? Should I not enter it at all? I did break a sweat.. I mean I was working hard.. buttt I dont want to enter too many calories in when obviously I would have burned some of those existing anyways..

What would you do?

Replies

• twiztedgrl69
    twiztedgrl69 Posts: 191 Member
    I would do maybe half of it...5 hours of walking or something since you're constantly on your feet...at least then you have some of it but you're not adding too many calories since you're not really sure on what you burnt
  • k9hrd
    k9hrd Posts: 351 Member
    Bump
  • McMehu
    McMehu Posts: 103 Member
    I hadn't considered walking.. good idea
  • Tonnina
    Tonnina Posts: 979 Member
    Make a new "exercise" called "Standing". For 60 minutes of standing you can burn upto 55 calories. So you could use that if you want...
  • McMehu
    Walking and Food Preperation are almost the same calories..

it would be around 1000 calories if I said 5 hours instead of 10.. Do you think that is too high?
  • McMehu
    LOL it was much harder than just standing.. I was moving around and cleaning and cooking and turning... BUT standing might be a more accurate calorie count.. good idea
  • robin52077
    robin52077 Posts: 4,383 Member
    I work ten hour shifts on my feet, and on work days my total daily burn is about 1000 higher than my "on the couch all day" natural burn.
  • jc1229
    jc1229 Posts: 220 Member
    Where I work there are a bunch of different jobs that you can do. One day I might be sitting down all day, the next I might be on a conveyer line lifting and bending all day so I just change my activity level to know how many calories I can have for the day. So far its worked for me. Good luck! :happy:
  • McMehu
    ok so that number sounds right? Good! Just checking before I enter anything.. hehe
  • fragilegift
    fragilegift Posts: 347 Member
    you could also get a pedometer that tells you how many calories you burnt, (if you have one that sets your weight). It will be way less than 'walking' but more than 'standing'
  • McMehu
    that is a good idea too
  • McMehu
    Thank you for all the input!

Ok so what i did was make a new exercise for myself and I took into consideration all the comments here and also read some things online about standing minus normal sitting calories.. etc etc.. and came up with a number I think might work for me..

If it is too high not a big deal because I dont eat back my exercise calories usually anywho...
    And if it is too low then I will just be suprised on the scale! LOL... may be not.. hehe