What should I put my activity level?

Options
I noticed if I change my profile from sedentary to light activity that I get more calories. I don't want to cheat but I do not want to underestimate my daily activity.

I am a physician, I walk from hosptial to my office (just a 5 minute walk) a couple of times a day. I do sit down when I see patients but I am on my feet in the operating room too. When I am doing calls, obviously I am sitting down, but I am up alot walking to rooms, down to the lab etc.

I am up some, but not all day.

I have put that this is light activity.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Mike

Replies

• bjfmade
    bjfmade Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Have you ever worn a pedometer for the day? Would be interesting to see how many steps you take.
  • iwantniceabs
    iwantniceabs Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Definitely don't put sedentary. I'd guess light activity is good for you. If you consistently feel hungry eating on light activity, you may even want to go to moderate. Just my thoughts :)
  • Larius
    Larius Posts: 507 Member
    Options
    I would gauge it by how much weight you've been losing over several weeks or months. You can then do the math to find out how many Calories you're burning.
  • Mikeinstlouis
    Mikeinstlouis Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am confused..I just joined a few weeks ago. Not sure how many calories I am burning daily.
  • chickybuns
    chickybuns Posts: 1,037 Member
    Options
    I think light activity. I would just start there and gauge your calories and weight loss, and adjust if necessary.