need to get out of this plateau!!

Options
Hey guys I need some serious help getting out of this plateau!!! I still got at least 35 more pounds!!! please any help would be appreciated :D

Best of luck to everyone on their journey!!

Replies

• lmelangley
    lmelangley Posts: 1,039 Member
    Options
    I had a month long plateau earlier this fall and broke it by increasing my calories for about a week.
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options
    Are you allowing yourself a cheat meal/day once a week?
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,452 Member
    Options
    try calorie cycling
    try cutting down on wheat products, as well as potatoes, rice for a week and see how it works for you
    up your protein
  • stardust91
    Options
    By how much did you increase your calories
  • stardust91
    Options
    Yup, I allow 2 cheat days a week, bc most weeks I dont get to enough calories
  • stardust91
    Options
    I will deff cut rice out :D
  • irisheyes42us
    Options
    Maintenance calories for 1 week, then right back to it!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    not being able to look at your diary doesn't help much to know what you're doing wrong -_-
  • stardust91
    Options
    not being able to look at your diary doesn't help much to know what you're doing wrong -_-

well i added you up, and now you can view my food diary :D and other tips and tricks would be great
  • mrdee555
    mrdee555 Posts: 178
    Options

2 full cheat days is quite alot espically if you not geting enough kcals on your other days the body will then try and store these cheat meals as fat for when it think its need them for energy, imo you would b better spreading these extra kcals throughout the week as someone else said i cant see your diary to see what going on.but i hope this helps you
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options

This works for many people, even going over maintenance a few times like others have mentioned (refeed) works for many. You might also wanna try HIIT or throwing in some intense weight training.
  • stardust91
    Options

2 full cheat days is quite alot espically if you not geting enough kcals on your other days the body will then try and store these cheat meals as fat for when it think its need them for energy, imo you would b better spreading these extra kcals throughout the week as someone else said i cant see your diary to see what going on.but i hope this helps you

I will try spreading them out, but it's harder than it sounds. How shoud I get in more cal?
  • stardust91
    Options

This works for many people, even going over maintenance a few times like others have mentioned (refeed) works for many. You might also wanna try HIIT or throwing in some intense weight training.

I've tried HIIT training, but I became pretty sick because of it (bad asthma). So i try to focus more on my diet and strength traning
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    How long has your weight loss stalled first of all?
  • stardust91
    Options
    How long has your weight loss stalled first of all?

well i've lost 10 ten pounds, and the past 2 weeks I have been stuck on the same weight
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    If you don't mind a personal question, has your TOM occured in the past two weeks (I assume you are female).
  • adevereux
    adevereux Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I've found great success with the Dukan diet. Do some research on it (websites, facebook, and on here) to see if it might work for you.
  • Sidesteal
    Options
    If you don't mind a personal question, has your TOM occured in the past two weeks (I assume you are female).

Quoting myself for lulz.

Regardless of the above answer, I actually wouldn't change anything yet. IMO Two weeks does not constitute a plateau as weightloss is not linear and often masked by water weight fluctuations.

If your 10lb loss was over the course of 10 weeks or less, then you're on the right course and I would do exactly what you are doing for another two weeks, and if you stall out at that point, perhaps revisit the issue.
  • stardust91
    Options

Quoting myself for lulz.

Regardless of the above answer, I actually wouldn't change anything yet. IMO Two weeks does not constitute a plateau as weightloss is not linear and often masked by water weight fluctuations.

If your 10lb loss was over the course of 10 weeks or less, then you're on the right course and I would do exactly what you are doing for another two weeks, and if you stall out at that point, perhaps revisit the issue.

My TOM is actually right now. Yeah, I started really focusing on this around beginning of August.
  • stardust91
    Options
    I've found great success with the Dukan diet. Do some research on it (websites, facebook, and on here) to see if it might work for you.

I actually have looked into it but its a tad bit pricey.