New workout experience...

Options
New experience for me at the gym... Was running on the treadmill ad I felt so good at the end of my typical hour run I wanted to keep on running, so I kept punching up the time and punching up the time. Ended up running for 1:40 and I only stopped because I was so hungry. Usually I'm counting down the minutes and seconds until I'm done. Does this happen to other runners?

Replies

• Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. it only happens to me when I'm outside running with other people...I use the treadmill for convenience, but I am way too aware of time while on it.
  • AZKristi
    AZKristi Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    I'm just barely starting to run so my answer would be not yet, but I sure hope it will!

I have been spinning for 2 years though and I've experienced what you've described with spin classes. It used to be that after the first interval I would be counting minutes, estimating the number of songs left, etc. because it was so challenging. The combination of getting used to the exercise and really increasing my fitness level has made the class a much more enjoyable experience. Sometimes at the end I feel like I would like to do it again!

Great work!
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. it only happens to me when I'm outside running with other people...I use the treadmill for convenience, but I am way too aware of time while on it.

Cover up the top with a towel and try to lose yourself in a show.
  • sjtreely
    sjtreely Posts: 1,014 Member
    Options
    New experience for me at the gym... Was running on the treadmill ad I felt so good at the end of my typical hour run I wanted to keep on running, so I kept punching up the time and punching up the time. Ended up running for 1:40 and I only stopped because I was so hungry. Usually I'm counting down the minutes and seconds until I'm done. Does this happen to other runners?

Every once in a while ... not often, but I have my good days.
  • Kermit1976
    Options
    Well done that is awesome....I can not run on a treadmill actually i dont run at all.. i look and feel really uncoordinated.. but i can walk.. and for you to say you just kept going i know that feeling...
  • mtienken
    Options
    I have recently started covering up the screen with a towel. When I started I saw other people doing that and I didn't understand it, now I do. I just thought it was amazing that I felt so good that I WANTED to keep running, not that I HAD to keep running to complete my goal.