FRUSTRATED... does this look like 22.9 BMI to you??

Options
plumpkin.jpg

...Why do cameras hate me?? I have lost 8 pounds, and I swear I've been looking thinner... then I see this picture from last night, and it just made me say WTF??

Should I get a new scale, or what?? I can't believe this is how I actually look after working my butt off to lose 8 very stubborn pounds...

(As a side note, people think I'm nuts when I say I'm shooting for 115-120, but this is how 137 looks on me...!!)

...just discouraged and ranting. That's all...

Replies

• grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    I think you suffer from still having a "fat brain." You are not seeing yourself as others see you. You look FABULOUS!
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    I agree! You look great.
  • L2M1D52
    L2M1D52 Posts: 616 Member
    Options
    I think you look great :drinker:
  • laz22girl
    Options
    ?? I do not get it.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I think you look great!

It does take anywhere from 10+ pounds I have found to actually see a noticeable difference
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    I think you look great!! Sometimes we judge ourselves to hard.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    I think you look good! I have lost weight off most of my body, and my stomach is just going to go last. I've been doing a lot more strength training lately and I think it is helping!
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    You are really tough on yourself! I think you look great & many would love to look as good as you. :flowerforyou:
  • hsnider29
    hsnider29 Posts: 394 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine, not overweight at all but it all has to do with body compsition. I met with a personal trainer today and he validated what I had been thinking lately. I have lost a significant amount of weight in the last 3 years (two seperate times) by eating 1200 calories/day and moderate cardio. My body fat is now 30% and my BMI is 24. I have so much fat because I didn't strength train and lost a significant amount of lean body mass. I weigh 133lbs but have more body fat than when I weighed 148lbs.

My main focus now is strength training, small amounts of cardio and finding a balance with my calories.

Good luck, maybe strength training would work for you also!
  • abbigail_r
    abbigail_r Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    I think it would help for you to look at older pictures. I personally think you look great!! But I know what you mean. I see a pic of me and I see the fat on my belly and my arms look fatter than they feel like, etc. But its about feeling great. And really you do look good in this pic.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I feel this ALL the time! People tell me I look smaller, and I feel like the more weight I lose, the bigger I am! You look AMAZING!
  • paravision
    Options
    I think you suffer from still having a "fat brain." You are not seeing yourself as others see you. You look FABULOUS!
    Yeah I think so.I saw this and thought "WTF is she talking about." Then I felt bad about myself and the fact that I have been trying to get over the 200 hump in to onderland then questioned my eating habits and decided to work out. Ive lost 11 lbs but its far from where you are. Be happy your not in my position....
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I think you look fine, not overweight at all but it all has to do with body compsition. I met with a personal trainer today and he validated what I had been thinking lately. I have lost a significant amount of weight in the last 3 years (two seperate times) by eating 1200 calories/day and moderate cardio. My body fat is now 30% and my BMI is 24. I have so much fat because I didn't strength train and lost a significant amount of lean body mass. I weigh 133lbs but have more body fat than when I weighed 148lbs.

My main focus now is strength training, small amounts of cardio and finding a balance with my calories.

Good luck, maybe strength training would work for you also!

You make some really good points... I've been focusing mainly on what I eat, since it's really hard to work out between full-time work and full-time grad school, plus ministry/church-related activities... BUT I guess I'm gonna need to try a little harder and fit in some workouts!!

I have 30DS, and did it every other day for about 2 weeks... guess I need to pick it up again!!
  • netztoy
    netztoy Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    You look great...listen to your clothes not the scale. Keep on keeping on!!!!!!
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    When you realize that the weight came off from all over your body it's understandable that 8 pounds wouldn't make a huge difference in the way you see yourself. That said, you do look good, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you're at a healthy weight and healthy body fat percentage you should focus on strength training to get more muscle definition.
  • poisongirl6485
    poisongirl6485 Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I am confused....what is the problem with this pic?
  • kwest_4_fitness
    kwest_4_fitness Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    It's my goal to look as good as you, girl. I think you look great with a great body shape! Maybe just a case of not seeing yourself objectively?
  • scleesh
    scleesh Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    You look great. I don't see what you are seeing.
  • lovelee79
    lovelee79 Posts: 362
    Options
    I think you look great ! I can see you have a small waist and muscle definition on your arms. :)
  • cicwes
    cicwes Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You look very well proportioned. I agree with everyone else. Rejoice in the progress you have made. Taking baby steps in losing and toning helps you to keep it off. Feel good about your progress and stick to your program.