what! over carbs again, under protein help!!!

Options
I am at 1800 calories, 50/30/20 protein/carbon/fat. I can't meet the protein! I have bars and shakes. I go over my garbs every day. No processed, all whole grain, wheat bread. How can I get more protein. My diary is for friends so let me know if you can help

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has some GREAT low carb recipes!
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    Open your diary so we can see what you're eating.
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    What kind of shake? Any decent whey powder is going to be around 32g of protein, 0-5 grams of carbs, at around 130 calories. A few of those scoops throughout the day and you should have no problem hitting your target. Plan ahead.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    A) don't use ratios

B) you can't go "over" in a macro when there is no ceiling on macros

C) eat more meat/chicken/eggs/greek yogurt/protein powder/dairy to ensure adequate protein intake
  • RicSnyder
    RicSnyder Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Have 5-6 egg whites for breakfast. Are you eating any chicken, turkey or fish?
  • karen90631
    Options
    Why do you want so much protein? I'm just curious.
  • nrvo
    nrvo Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Fage fat-free greek yogurt!
  • loved11
    loved11 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    What kind of shake? Any decent whey powder is going to be around 32g of protein, 0-5 grams of carbs, at around 130 calories. A few of those scoops throughout the day and you should have no problem hitting your target. Plan ahead.
    I am using jillian micheals, I am doing p90x. Their stuff is to expensive, I got the comparable to it as close as I could. I did the same for the bars.
  • loved11
    Options

I am doing p90x, its the recommended amt for the program..
  • Quaters
    Quaters Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I just find that protein keeps me from being hungry to many carbs make me want to eat more,low fat cheese, omelettes ,yoghurts plus protein shakes are all good and almonds ect
  • loved11
    Options
    A) don't use ratios

B) you can't go "over" in a macro when there is no ceiling on macros

C) eat more meat/chicken/eggs/greek yogurt/protein powder/dairy to ensure adequate protein intake

What's a macro?
    I actually had to do the ratio in my goals, it was the only way mfp would calculate right. The ratio is the p90 plan. I will open my diary so you can see.

You look just like my son, too cute.
  • karen90631
    Options

I am doing p90x, its the recommended amt for the program..

Thanks for the reply!