Couch to 5k

Options
Getting ready to embark on a new adventure in doing this. . .I would love to hear from people that have done it already. .

Have any of you done it without downloading it to an ipod or mp3. .

I printed out the schedule and am ready to start it. .. . I am going to be doing it on my treadmill for right now. . What do you think? Is this feasible?:smile:

Replies

• fastbelly
    fastbelly Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Just do it!

I've done it a few months back and I'm currently preparing to run a half marathon! That's where C25K got me.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Just do it!

I've done it a few months back and I'm currently preparing to run a half marathon! That's where C25K got me.

Wow that is wonderful. . :smile: Thank you for your post.
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I am on week 4. I didn't download any app for it ,just take a sticky with me to know my times. I do it on my treadmill for now too, I know its blasphemy for runners, but for now I need it. Good luck to you!
  • slimgoody05
    slimgoody05 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I just finished up my c25k today. woo hoo! didn't think I could make it but I did. I also ran on the treadmill. Next up is to run in the turkey trot on Thanksgiving day.

Just take your time and do what you can....Good Luck!
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    Oh thank you so much for your responses. . This is very encouraging.:happy:
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    yeah i started running july 1 for the first time in years with the goal of a 5k in 3 months...a month in i was ready to blow past that. ive already done 2 5ks and a 12k and have my first half on sun the 6th...so thats couch to half marathon in 4 months! you can do it. though i have been a little aggressive in my training and my knees remind me of that lol.
  • thirtyandthriving
    thirtyandthriving Posts: 613 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8 day 2 and have actually done 3.1 rather than 2.75 for the past 2 runs. I feel that it really prepares you for running a 5k. I did not run prior to this. Ever! Not in high school not in middle school. Never! I did not do it on a treadmill. I did not download an app, but music was a must for me. :) congrats for choosing this program and good luck!! :)
  • TheLongRunner
    TheLongRunner Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    I am on week 3. I downloaded the app. I love it. Reminds me what to do and when to do it. I recommend it.
  • rosebudfs
    Options
    Im getting ready to run a 5k, apple hill run on Nov 6.
  • rosebudfs
    Options
    My first 5k was run to feed the hungry in 2008 on thinksgiving with my doughter, it was fun.
  • cheetahcub2010
    cheetahcub2010 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 8 day 2 and have actually done 3.1 rather than 2.75 for the past 2 runs. I feel that it really prepares you for running a 5k. I did not run prior to this. Ever! Not in high school not in middle school. Never! I did not do it on a treadmill. I did not download an app, but music was a must for me. :) congrats for choosing this program and good luck!! :)

Music is a must for me as well. Additionally i HAVE to have water or I can't finish my workout.