Lost 30 punds but i still see no change?

Hey guys, Im 6 feet tall and used to weigh 280 pounds and so far i have cut down to 250. With 30 pounds lost i expected some notable differences in my look but I havent. I have not even lost an inch. I have been working out for 2 and a half months now and still I see no change. When will I start seeing results and am I doing something wrong?

Replies

• fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    You took your measurements and haven't lost an inch? I find that suspicious. That said, I wore the same size pants until I'd lost about 40 pounds. The legs were baggy but the waist still fit.
  • Are any of your clothes fitting differently? How is your diet--what are you putting in your body. Weight loss is good-- feeling better and reducing important health numbers (cholesterol, blood pressure, etc.) is much more critical. Keep up the great work. Slow and steady is much better and safer. #strongisthenewsexy
  • CharlieBarleyMom
    CharlieBarleyMom Posts: 727 Member
    I am 5'9.25" and even when fat I am well-proportioned and the weight came off proportionately... even now, down 50 pounds I have to have two pictures right next to each other to see the difference. Yes, I've lost a few inches and my clothes are smaller sizes... and I've given away most of my larger clothes, but it is still hard to see a big difference.

I've noticed that the inches don't seem to add up much... but I have lost 1.5 pounds almost every week... been here 6 months - down 50 pounds - staying the course!

Good luck to you.
  • My diet is healthy and i exercise regurly. But is it normal for someone my size to not see some differences yet by lsing 30 pound?
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    It's normal. 30 pounds looks like a lot more on a smaller person. I was 260 when I started and no one noticed or said anything to me until I was around 220-230.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    You took your measurements and haven't lost an inch? I find that suspicious. That said, I wore the same size pants until I'd lost about 40 pounds. The legs were baggy but the waist still fit.

So I'm pretty much in the same situation as you!!
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Nah.. it's nothing to worry about. Your tall and weigh quite a bit.. depending on how much you want to lose, it may take a bit before you see results.

I'm 5'9 and I started out at 180 and am currently at 153. I didn't really start seeing changes until about the 15 or 20 pound mark, but I also only have 30 pounds to lose total... So I was pretty close to the end of my weight loss when I started seeing changes.
  • Lozze
    Lozze Posts: 1,917 Member
    Have you taken photos? I didn't see that much of a difference personally. Could see it in my face but that was it. Got my photos taken last week to update and almost died. MASSIVE difference. Until its staring you in the face it's hard to tell.