to diet soda or not to diet soda this is the question we mus

Options
haha okay so. do you drink diet sodas or not? i know some people say no cause of the fake sugars and some people say yes because of the low calories. whats your imput?

i think, personally, that is is okay to drink them in moderation. i limit myself to one or less a day. i try not to overdue it. i use to be a six pack a day kind of person but not anymore. i can go a day or two without one and be perfectly fine. they are yummy but i liek to get my water in too.

Replies

• woo1324
    woo1324 Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I dont i just dont like the taste , i figure soft drink or soda as you guys call it is a treat and so when i do have it i just have a normal coke i just limit it to like a couple of times a month and basically just drink water the rest of the time ,,, if i liked the taste though id probably have it more often
  • gp79
    gp79 Posts: 1,799 Member
    Options
    Save soda, drink water or booze.
  • TheCats_Meow
    TheCats_Meow Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    I quite frankly can't drink diet anything.

I've cut out all soda's, but at first I did try to substitute diet for the real thing and I couldn't handle the flat taste of the diet drinks. If I couldn't have the real thing, I just wasn't going to have anything at all.

It's worked out better for me so far. It's a sense of accomplishment in being able to say I don't drink soda's of any kinda and I'll take that feeling anywhere I can get it :wink:
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ unless of course the booze is IN the soda, then it is perfectly acceptable in all of its forms.
  • charlesalvear
    charlesalvear Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    There are very few diet sodas I like so I tend not to drink them. I can tolerate Coke Zero, Diet Cherry 7up, and Diet Ginger Ale the most. Like @woo commented, I just don't like the taste of most diet sodas for the most part.

I used to drink regular soda just about every day but I have cut it out completely from my meal plan. I'm sticking with water for meals now.
  • Xtina_Beba
    Options
    No to diet soda or any carbonated drink! You're just putting crap into your body. Stick to water, teas and natural juices.
  • longtimeterp
    longtimeterp Posts: 614 Member
    Options

i prefer booze!
  • Leslietheriot
    Leslietheriot Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    I do drink Coke Zero or Diet Coke (which ever is available at the moment) and I don't think I'm going to give it up.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I stick to fizzy water.
  • omgitsgarry
    Options
    I'm not really a fan of soda because it makes me break out. Also, diet coke makes me have a hard time sleeping. I stick with a glass of V8 fruit juice in the morning and water for the rest of the day.
  • fatgirlslove
    fatgirlslove Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    i completely stopped drinking soda which surprisingly wasn't that hard.
  • CakeFit21
    CakeFit21 Posts: 2,521 Member
    Options

THIS^^^ unless of course the booze is IN the soda, then it is perfectly acceptable in all of its forms.

THIS^^^
  • JoJo_fat2fab
    JoJo_fat2fab Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    I'm so thankful that I never liked soda, regular or diet, just water and wine for me :laugh:
  • mynameiscarrie
    mynameiscarrie Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    I drink diet coke...not every day but i drink it and i've managed to keep off 33 pounds and counting...everything in moderation!
  • NicoleMarie0409
    Options
    I like Pepsi Max (with whiskey hehe)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Every once in a blue I have a diet soda. I'm wild and crazy like that. Don't even try to stop me. You can't.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Every once in a blue I have a diet soda. I'm wild and crazy like that. Don't even try to stop me. You can't.

You are such a rebel!
  • proudmami1138
    proudmami1138 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I'm a Coke Zero addict! I used to drink Diet Coke and switched when Coke Zero came out. I've tried the one with Splenda and didn't like it much. I probably have about 3 a day. I know I should limit myself more but the truth is it quenches my thirst like nothing else. I'd rather have a Coke Zero than any booze. I'd actually rather have water than booze. I'm not much of a drinker.

Some people can't give up their coffee ... I can't give up my Coke Zero. If I go to restaurants that only serves the regular diet stuff I drink that without a problem. :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options

No good will come of that rock and roll lifestyle of yours.
  • nothingisred
    Options
    I can't stand the taste of diet fizzy drinks, I think you can really taste the sweeteners in them which leaves a horrid taste. I've never been a big drinker of fizzy drinks anyway, I happily live without them these days (I only used to buy them when my ex wanted some).

Although, I used to work in a pub and I loved the diet coke that came out of the tap. It was basically soda water with a concentrated syrup so I think it was just really watery, but I liked it.