30 DS question

Options
I know it must have been asked before but couldn't find any thread. I started 30 DS last week, i did pretty good first 6 days (nothing out of ordinary except for soreness for first 2 days). After Day 7 L1, i felt some pain in my knee, i know that its one of the things ppl complained about it already but my question is, does anyone of you have had knee problem doing it(who dont have prior knee pain) and if yes, did u continue to do it? or any other suggestions what to do? I took a day off and i feel better now but im just too afraid to hurt my knee again.

Replies

• Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    bump...i hope you get the answer to your question!!!
  • fridayjustleft04
    fridayjustleft04 Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    If it hurts WHILE you do it, either modify with low impact movements (don't actually jump when she says jump) or find another workout that doesn't hurt. I have a knee that bothers me, but it never hurts while I'm working out, so I don't modify anything. Probably not the smartest move, but I really like what I'm doing, so..
  • catrojas
    catrojas Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I had slight knee pain during and some through out the day. I went and got the GNC joint supplements and after 4 day of that (and 7 days of pain) it went away, I even tried the low impact "Anita" moves and it didn't help me. Good luck, just take care of that joint and do your stretches
  • Jupiter878
    Options
    Hello! I have been doing 30 DS since Oct 10 and YES I experienced knee pain. Pretty bad knee pain, actually. But I was doing some walking/running as well. The knee pain has continued intermittenly, but I took 2 days off and it's not as bad. I also found that doing the Shred on cushioned carpet is actually worse than on a harder surface. I have to do more stretches and warm ups than Jillian gives you, though. Ice, advil and a knee brace later, I really just think my knees were too weak for the exercises. The stronger I , and my knees, get the less pain I have had. Good luck!
  • tageekly
    tageekly Posts: 3,755 Member
    Options
    Definitely modify the higher impact moves. My knee always hurts doing the jumping jacks and jump ropes - so I just be sure to do them on a mat so it's not so much impact and I don't jump as high. Are you doing it with supportive shoes on as well? This makes a difference. If I really feel it I'll sometime just run in place with a high intensity and this is very little impact for me.

If you have pain in the squats, you may be out of alignment - check in a mirror if you can or look down and you should always be able to see your toes when in a squat, then you have a good idea of whether you're overextending your knee. Good luck!
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I had some new pain the first week, but after stretching for about 10 minutes a day, the pain went away. Tomorrow is my last day on the Shred and my knees feel fine. ^.^
  • lazatin
    lazatin Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    I had knee pain while shredding....stopped after i finished...modify what you can...lunges did me in!
  • amnaimon
    amnaimon Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Thanks all for your responses!
  • MissFuchsia
    MissFuchsia Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    I had some knee pain with 30 ds. Had this prob before but found strength training has really helped as long as I don't push myself too hard and keep good form.

This website shows modifications for knee pain for 30ds. I've found it really helpful:
    http://www.theshredheads.com/2009/12/dear-shredheads-30-day-shred-hurts-my-knees.html