Need help w/ figuring spaghetti and sauce calories

Options
I made regular spaghetti and measured out 1 cup of cooked pasta. I made the sauce with a jar of spaghetti sauce (forget the brand), and put in about 10 oz of ground turkey. I probably had 1/2 cup of the sauce over the spaghetti. How do you figure the calories for 1 cup of cooked spaghetti? I found what I thought was plain spaghetti - and it's 400 calories. Is this about right? The calories for the turkey spaghetti sauce was also about 400 calories. Somehow these numbers don't seem right - so maybe I'm figuring incorrectly. Or - UNFORTUNATELY - are the #'s right and I just had almost 900 cals for din-din??? Thanks.

Replies

• mmocarr
    mmocarr Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Ive read that 1 cup of cooked spaghetti is 220 calories
    .5 cup of sauce is 90 t0 100 calories
    how many ounce of ground turkey? calculate abolut 42 calories per ounce. If you had about 4 oz or .5 a cup then you are talking about around 480 calories.

hope that helps
    meagan
  • deadstarsunburn
    deadstarsunburn Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    lol I call it din din too.

In one cup of uncooked it's about 200 calories. So....I think the spaghetti being 400 is a bit high. Not sure if you have a scale but you could google how much 1 cup of the spaghetti would weight when cooked. OH just thought of this!!! =]]] look up how much it weights on google then see if it's in the database???? or guess high to be safe lol. I'd say 200 call it good.
  • judykritikos
    Options
    YIKES - and here I thought the turkey in the sauce would be better/lower cals. WRONG. So I probably had 1/2 cup of sauce - so those cals are right. I measured the 1 cup of spaghetti - but it had the sauce on it - so probably 220 cals is right. Whew - ok, I feel a little better now. Thx.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I'd calculate everything out separately.
  • bdur76
    bdur76 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    One cup of cooked pasta is approx 2oz of uncooked which is usually around 200 calories. Most pasta sauces are around 90 calories for a half cup. You'll need to estimate how much ground turkey you used and the overall number of servings in the whole container. Hope this helps! Logging can be confusing until you get used to it, but definitely worth sticking with! Good luck!
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    Options
    I really like to use the "recipe calculator" feature. I make a lot of things from scratch, so I use it a lot.
  • mysticdaisy78
    Options
    There is a delish low calorie spaghetti noodle available. Ronzoni Garden Delight, 2 oz is 190 calories, with 1/2 cup of Newman's Own Sockarooni sauce, 70 calories and about 2 oz cooked turkey burger, 50 calories and your looking at about 310 calories for spaghetti. And as a filler have a greek salad. A wonderful tasty meal =)