Heart rate with HRM question..

Options
I'm wondering if anyone else with HRMs notice this, or if my heart is over zealous. I don't know my resting heart rate because I haven't checked, but being up and just hanging out on the couch my HR is around 78. The instant I get up and start moving my HR goes up to at least 110. Just putting my shoes on and getting my hair into a pony tail can raise my HR up to 130! I usually max out with my workouts at 180, averaging about 155. Am I just out of shape? Or could something be wrong? Any thoughts? TIA

Replies

• Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Bumping so more people can see this :smile:
  • Shannonigans84
    Shannonigans84 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    One last try then I'll give up..
  • njdemp
    njdemp Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    This is how it works for me too. My heart rate monitor has a chest strap, and I've double-checked my pulse manually to be sure, and I get up to 200bpm during workouts regularly without being near death. I'm in pretty good shape, and can sustain a run at near that rate for as long as I want. I figure we just have to go with how we feel, and be happy with a solid cardiovascular workout! As long as you aren't pushing yourself too hard, I think you just have a higher max. heart rate than most.
  • 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    My resting heart rate is usally 45-52, when I'm on the treadmill running I get up to about 145-155, any higher would be too much for me...