question about how weight loss works.

Options
2»

Replies

• psych101
    psych101 Posts: 1,842 Member
    Options
    my response would be to eat more. Honestly.

You dont have a lot to lose, so set your goal at 0.5lbs per week and if you exercise try to eat most of those calories as well. I'm the same height as you, weigh 170lbs at the moment, workout 6 days a week and I eat 2100 - 2400 calories a day and I'm still losing.

You gotta fuel that body to get what you want out of it!
  • Otrepsi
    Otrepsi Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    The less amount of fat your body has to lose, the harder it is to lose it. For a person your height, 1200 is way too low. You should be netting much closer to your BMR. Your calorie goal is so low that your body may be trying to slow your metabolism, making it even harder to lose anything.

I would recommend bumping up your calorie intake; set your goal as 0.5 a week and eat at least that, and I would eat back half to all of your exercise calories. You need to let your body know that you're not starving by feeding it properly.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that you JUST had twins! Three short months ago! Your body will come back, and if you're within 5-10 pounds of your normal weight now, that's frickin' amazing, and you've got nothing at all to worry about. You're a normal human woman, not some celebrity that goes all buck-nutty exercising 26 hours a day, 8 days a week to get their pre-baby body back in two weeks for a swimsuit calendar.

In addition to what Psych and Rachel said about eating more an only going with 0.5 pounds a week, keep in mind that if you're breast feeding, you need to add additional calories to compensate for the stress that's putting on your body.

Eating less and starving is not the answer. Fueling your body properly and having patience is.
  • AnninStPaul
    AnninStPaul Posts: 1,372 Member
    Options
    You're probably not counting your calories right. Most people don't. Its normal. Weight your food with a food scale instead of using volume measurements. Double check everything you log to ensure the macros meet the calorie amount. Its also possible you have a very moderate deficit which is being masked by fat loss.

Where can I get a food scale? are they expensive?

Target, Wal-Mart, etc have them in the same price range as Amazon -- $20 and up. It's good to get one that you can zero out as you add things -- so you can put your dish on the scale, hit zero, add the cereal to a serving, hit zero, pour in the milk, etc.
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Options
    Another thing to consider is that you JUST had twins! Three short months ago! Your body will come back, and if you're within 5-10 pounds of your normal weight now, that's frickin' amazing, and you've got nothing at all to worry about. You're a normal human woman, not some celebrity that goes all buck-nutty exercising 26 hours a day, 8 days a week to get their pre-baby body back in two weeks for a swimsuit calendar.

Oh, somehow I missed this part of the OP! Yeah, my kid is 16 months and I'm still 5lbs above pre-PG!